phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

13 posts 1 2

Re: odd occurrence

#263545 by JPG » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 pm

The wiring between the gfci and a receptacle fed by it MAY have sufficient inductance to prevent the circuit imbalance currents to be above the threshold of the gfci.

Realize a gfci does not sense currents to ground directly, butrather by detecting a current difference between the two line supply conductors.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#263553 by chapmanruss » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:12 pm

In my case all outlets down stream of the GFCI outlet are protected on each circuit. They are wired in series so if the GFCI is tripped at any outlet on a circuit all outlets on that circuit are off.

---

Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters. Has Speed Changer, Model 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E S/N 1077 oldest one I have restored. On bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.

#263557 by Hobbyman2 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:08 pm

In my case all outlets down stream of the GFCI outlet are protected on each circuit. They are wired in series so if the GFCI is tripped at any outlet on a circuit all outlets on that circuit are off.

----------------------

That's how I had the kitchen at the rental wired in. instead of removing the yellow tape and running the current for the next plug through the plug before it,,, using pig tails / jumpers from the line current to the gfci will allow them to operate separately in a parallel circuit.if you run the current through the first plug the others do not need to be gfci and will still be protected .

---

Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)