DeWalt RAS WW2 video.

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cincinnati
Platinum Member

DeWalt RAS WW2 video.

Post by cincinnati »

Kinda a cool video to watch.

https://youtu.be/HiGH0Qsu3ak
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: DeWalt RAS WW2 video.

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Indeed ... highly recommended!

I’m admittedly biased. I own three Shopsmiths, average age 51 years. And four DeWalt RAS’s, average age 61 years. DeWalts built before about 1963 are built like high-precision tanks, as are all of the industrial models. My oldest DeWalt is a little one built in 1941, that takes an 8” blade. It’s not much bigger than a modern SCMS, but it weighs about 200 pounds, and feels like a chunk of solid granite.
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

Very nice video. It shows the innovation that war and that generation were capable of.
Paul
dgapilot
Bronze Member

Post by dgapilot »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:Indeed ... highly recommended!

I’m admittedly biased. I own three Shopsmiths, average age 51 years. And four DeWalt RAS’s, average age 61 years. DeWalts built before about 1963 are built like high-precision tanks, as are all of the industrial models. My oldest DeWalt is a little one built in 1941, that takes an 8” blade. It’s not much bigger than a modern SCMS, but it weighs about 200 pounds, and feels like a chunk of solid granite.
Glad I’m not the only one. I have 4 Shopsmiths, one Shopsmith clone, and 4 DeWalt radial arm saws. I find I use the RAS for a lot more than the table saw on the shopsmiths.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Enjoyed that. Particularly the way they cut the stair stringers.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

And 'some people' do not understand why I fear exportation of our industrial base.

'We' had an immense advantage back then(both natural resources and manufacturing capacity as well as ingenuity).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

This video proves that if you do not have a workshop full of Dewalt tools you are a commie. 😂

JPG I agree without our manufacturing base we would be hard pressed today to duplicate such feats. But with the nonsense going on in Washington today the defeat of this nation is close at hand.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

+1 Ed
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
Carverr
Silver Member

Post by Carverr »

Thanks for sharing. I didn't know some those facts, now I'm a dewalt professor) If anyone will ask ne about my dewalt compressor I'll lecture them on history:)