Shopsmith model 10er with all original documents and papers

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

owensri47
Bronze Member

Shopsmith model 10er with all original documents and papers

Post by owensri47 »

I just went out and picked up a free shopsmith model 10er. I was expecting to find it in poor condition, but the only thing that seems to be wrong is some light surface rust and the motor likely needs brushes. It also came with all the manuals, warning cards and the catalog it was bought from. I'm planning on restoring it and was just wondering what it might be worth with all of the original parts and papers.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith model 10er with all original documents and papers

Post by everettdavis »

Value is subjective based on condition true, but equally region. What market you’re in, what marketplace you sell within; eBay, Craigslist, Shopsmith FB Sales Group etc.

The motor is more likely AC and would not have brushes unless altered by someone who converted it to a variable speed DC motor similar to a recycled Treadmill motor etc.

You may find a range of values in your area by reviewing offerings over a period of time in you area. Completeness and the presence of optional accessories and special purpose tools (SPT’s) like jugsaw, Bandsaw, jointer and their respective conditions will affect values.

It’s not what it’s worth as much as what buyers in the market and timeframe you are selling are willing to pay, including if you have the ability and are willing to deliver it within reasonable distances if any.

Kindest Regards and welcome to the family of owners.

Everett
Last edited by everettdavis on Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith model 10er with all original documents and papers

Post by everettdavis »

Thank you. I received them.

You are most kind.

Everett