Best general purpose table saw blade for a newbie

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Best general purpose table saw blade for a newbie

Post by chapmanruss »

Bainin,

Sorry, It was the original poster of this thread who has a 500. If your table looks like the second (510/505) or third (520) one above posted by br459 then you purchased the correct Arbor. Again, sorry for the confusion, my bad. :o

JPG,

The first Shopsmith Manual put out by Shposmith Inc. in 1973 lists a 10" Saw Blade. Interesting though the pictures were still the original ones used from the first Mark 5 manual with an "A" Headstock Greenie. Illustrations reference a "B" Headstock. Also the Saw Blade Guard was still an optional item.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
bainin
Platinum Member

Re: Best general purpose table saw blade for a newbie

Post by bainin »

Those pics and explanation on the rail system were very helpful - thank you.

The tool I have is a 520 system based on that. So the 1 1/4" Arbor I purchased will match both the system and blade I purchased.

Seems like there is general disagreement on the need for 5/8 vs 1 1/4" blades/arbors...but as I had only the 5/8" with the system, I will now have both and can check it out myself !

Thanks all,

bainin