THE MOTHER OF ALL WOODWORKING TOOLS!

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cincinnati
Platinum Member

THE MOTHER OF ALL WOODWORKING TOOLS!

Post by cincinnati »

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Re: THE MOTHER OF ALL WOODWORKING TOOLS!

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I have been telling the forum about this guy for awhile now.
See https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/comm ... 22912.html
recurvearcher
Gold Member

Post by recurvearcher »

Videos so far show the 520 in a good light. Some basic errors are evident i.e. not ramping the speed down etc. I sent him a note suggesting he check this Forum out.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

recurvearcher wrote:Videos so far show the 520 in a good light. Some basic errors are evident i.e. not ramping the speed down etc. I sent him a note suggesting he check this Forum out.

???
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I have posted more than one comment of Facebook pointing him to this forum.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

JPG wrote:
recurvearcher wrote:Videos so far show the 520 in a good light. Some basic errors are evident i.e. not ramping the speed down etc. I sent him a note suggesting he check this Forum out.

???
Gee I wonder why I made some words 'bold'. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:
JPG wrote:

???

:) :) There is no reason to "ramp the speed down". IMO SS says that for liability purposes. That way you don't hook up an SPT over speed and blow it up. I never turn my SS's to slow when turning them off. There is absolutely no reason to do that if you pay attention to what you are doing.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:
JPG wrote:
JPG wrote:

???

:) :) There is no reason to "ramp the speed down". IMO SS says that for liability purposes. That way you don't hook up an SPT over speed and blow it up. I never turn my SS's to slow when turning them off. There is absolutely no reason to do that if you pay attention to what you are doing.
AMEN!
Made sense in 1950 with low powered homes and 3/4 HP greenies.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

recurvearcher
Gold Member

Post by recurvearcher »

I never would have imagined ramping down a SS would elicit a bold type response :)
Your point is well taken.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

recurvearcher wrote:I never would have imagined ramping down a SS would elicit a bold type response :)
Your point is well taken.
Old instructions die hard. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝