Cordless nail gun

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

GoNavy
Gold Member

Re: Cordless nail gun

Post by GoNavy »

I got this one for less then $100 bucks a couple years ago, off brand here...never heard of them...but apparently is the Black & Decker of Europe...lol...used it maybe a half dozen times seemed to work pretty good, battery holds up well and does both staples (little quarter in wide ones) and pin nails...was even able to use my pin nails from my pneumatic. Only down side is it 's slow and makes a lot of noise, half to wait a sec or two between firing, other then that works well enough for me

Amazon VonHaus 18V Li-Ion Cordless 18 gauge
https://www.amazon.com/VonHaus-Cordless ... B07P91P7JX
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

RFGuy wrote:Does Masterforce have a cordless nailer? Thought they were all pneumatic. Aren't the Masterforce tools rebranded Makita's?

No Menards out here though...

======

I haven't looked for one myself , next time I am out I can check with the store manager ,should be there some time today , I do know Makita has one .
Not sure what size brads you want to use , that can also be a decision maker . some can shoot down to a 16 ga and some 18 ga ?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

RFGuy wrote:Does Masterforce have a cordless nailer? Thought they were all pneumatic. Aren't the Masterforce tools rebranded Makita's?

No Menards out here though...
https://www.menards.com/main/tools/powe ... 737410.htm
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Just a reminder...the OP asked for recommendations on a cordless nailer. To my knowledge Masterforce does NOT make a cordless nailer (only pneumatic). Also Menards, who sells Masterforce as a store brand, is NOT located in California where the OP resides. Menards is a regional retailer.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

RFGuy wrote:Just a reminder...the OP asked for recommendations on a cordless nailer. To my knowledge Masterforce does NOT make a cordless nailer (only pneumatic). Also Menards, who sells Masterforce as a store brand, is NOT located in California where the OP resides. Menards is a regional retailer.
-------------

I did look around online and didn't see a listing for masterforce cordless pin nail'r , I did see a makita ,thought I would ask the sales dpt at the store maybe they know more , They do have online sales , so location shouldn't be a issue . here is a listing from their website on cordless nail'rs , again make sure you can use the right size nails .JMO

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/tool ... 7047193755
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Hobbyman2 wrote:
RFGuy wrote:Just a reminder...the OP asked for recommendations on a cordless nailer. To my knowledge Masterforce does NOT make a cordless nailer (only pneumatic). Also Menards, who sells Masterforce as a store brand, is NOT located in California where the OP resides. Menards is a regional retailer.
-------------

I did look around online and didn't see a listing for masterforce cordless pin nail'r , I did see a makita ,thought I would ask the sales dpt at the store maybe they know more , They do have online sales , so location shouldn't be a issue . here is a listing from their website on cordless nail'rs , again make sure you can use the right size nails .JMO

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/tool ... 7047193755
Wow...they have a great price on the Porter Cable cordless 18 gauge stapler right now:
Menards_PC.jpg
Menards_PC.jpg (151.87 KiB) Viewed 11623 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Price wise you may want to check Ryobi. While I have no personal experience with their nail guns their guns receive very positive reviews. They are priced with and without battery and chargers so once you have their battery platform you can get many tools at very reasonable prices.

What most people don't mention is that the same company the owns Milwaukee also owns Ridgid Tools, and Ryobi.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Price wise you may want to check Ryobi. While I have no personal experience with their nail guns their guns receive very positive reviews. They are priced with and without battery and chargers so once you have their battery platform you can get many tools at very reasonable prices.

What most people don't mention is that the same company the owns Milwaukee also owns Ridgid Tools, and Ryobi.
Does that mean they are all of equal quality for the price?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

dusty wrote:
Ed in Tampa wrote:Price wise you may want to check Ryobi. While I have no personal experience with their nail guns their guns receive very positive reviews. They are priced with and without battery and chargers so once you have their battery platform you can get many tools at very reasonable prices.

Does that mean they are all of equal quality for the price?
I would doubt that the quality is the same as it is not the same between the Porter Cable and DeWalt drills that I own. I would think that the different brands would be to compete against the Black and Decker parent company brands that include Black and Decker, Craftsman, Porter Cable and DeWalt.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I have been a diehard DeWalt user since I retired my all metal corded power drills many years ago and I see no reason to change.

My most recent upgrade was when I switched over to the lithium battery tools. I am also sold on these. At my age there will probably be no further upgrades. I am content with what I now have.

Not true. I am in the market for a cordless 6 1/2" circular saw.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty