Moving Pedals that Elevate Shopsmith Pro?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rfa16
Bronze Member

Moving Pedals that Elevate Shopsmith Pro?

Post by rfa16 »

I have the Shopsmith wooden shelf attached to my machine. It holds the various attachments. But with it on, it is hard to reach the pedals to elevate the machine. Can you move the pedals on the Shopsmith to make it easier to reach them? How is it done? Thank you for your help.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Re: Moving Pedals that Elevate Shopsmith Pro?

Post by wa2crk »

I believe that you can remove the caster axle assemblies and turn them around so that the activating lever is at the back of the machine. You will have to activate them from the rear I don't think that would be a problem.
Bill V
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Ours are on the back side of the MKV
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

wa2crk wrote:I believe that you can remove the caster axle assemblies and turn them around so that the activating lever is at the back of the machine. You will have to activate them from the rear I don't think that would be a problem.
Bill V
It is simpler to just swap the casters end for end. That will move the pedals to the rear.

Reversing the axles also puts the pedals downside up. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange