Festool price increase coming the 2020 edition

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: Festool price increase coming the 2020 edition

Post by reible »

The green cover for the saw arrived today. Didn't have time to install it but I don't need to until I'm on my next cutting project. Going to be rained out the rest of the week so might well be April before I get to it.

I also got a vacuum port that I have plans for. Might be able to get on to that project next week. No idea if it will work but worth a try.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

BTW Shaper has a new more complete video on the workstation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvevPvwIV8

It is 6 parts that have been coming out but into one longer combined version.

Ed
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Thanks Ed. This new video of the workstation is thorough. It looks like a well engineered and well built tool. I am always a sucker for those. :( Pocketbook is still hurting from other things right now, so I still can't jump on this. Besides too many other projects to finish first, but I am hopeful of possibly getting one of these in the future. I did find it curious though that in the description of this video it said due to significant demand that pre-orders wouldn't ship until September. Didn't it used to be July? Maybe a delay due to the virus or perhaps pre-orders are slipping out in time now due to overwhelming demand? At least this video was in English. There was a live Q&A Shaper video session a week or two back on YouTube that I stumbled on and they were speaking German. Also seems like I find more and more Festool videos on YouTube these days by the home guys in Germany so they aren't in English either. Not complaining, just seems like more content popping up lately for me on my YouTube feed from them that I can't understand...
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

When the station was first announced and we were able to order the date was May. I had one of the early orders so I hope that I see mine in May. They may have underestimated how many people would be interested or as you mentioned it might have something to do with the global slow down and the demand.

Speaking of all things shaper, I placed an order at Rockler for a few things and was short on the amount for free shipping, so long story shortened I went ahead and ordered a roll of shaper tape. It arrived this morning so they are clearly stocking it in MN.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Just got an announcement that the April 1 price increase has been suspended.

Good news for those of us having more things we want to get but don't have the resources to do so before that old date.

Ed
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

reible wrote:Just got an announcement that the April 1 price increase has been suspended.

Good news for those of us having more things we want to get but don't have the resources to do so before that old date.

Ed
Thanks Ed. Was this an email or did you see it online somewhere? I have some accessories I was going to pull the trigger on before April 1st, but this delay helps. I assume it didn't say how long the delay might be? Much appreciated.

FYI...I just got a new email from Woodcraft this morning still claiming Festool prices increase on April 1st, so it looks like the delay isn't common knowledge yet.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Delay? I thought he said suspended, not postponed.

I fear the truth is postponed.

And that Woodcraft email was likely created days ago.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Okay, I found this online which is probably what Ed was talking about. Apparently the Festool planned price increase is "cancelled" at this time. Of course, the logical next question is whether this is just a temporary reprieve (due to COVID-19) or longer term...

https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool ... -2020.html

For JPG...Aren't delay and suspend synonyms??? Or am I missing something?
📶RF Guy

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

RFGuy wrote:Okay, I found this online which is probably what Ed was talking about. Apparently the Festool planned price increase is "cancelled" at this time. Of course, the logical next question is whether this is just a temporary reprieve (due to COVID-19) or longer term...

https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool ... -2020.html

For JPG...Aren't delay and suspend synonyms??? Or am I missing something?
Maybe :rolleyes:

Like most 'english' words there are multiple meanings and contexts.

Postpone - will do it later in time.

Delay - cause action to occur later.

Delayed essentially same as postponed except postpone implies control and possibility of when it may be rescheduled.

Cancelled - very definitive.

Cancelled at this time - future undetermined(yet) no promise of future change. i.e. nebulous

Suspend - a mushy word that can mean many different things.

So it likely depends upon who hears/reads the words and in what context it is used.

But then I am merely a lowly Elickticul injuner. :eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

The 3d printed door is now on my saw.

For some of you who might be interested, the opening on the saw is for access to the fastener so you can do blade changes. While the saw does far better then any other saw I have used or seen used it still leaks saw dust and this is one of the sources. A common solution is to tape a piece of cardboard over the hole, and while it works it seem sort of out of place to me.
door1.jpg
door1.jpg (212.9 KiB) Viewed 11101 times
door2.jpg
door2.jpg (171.72 KiB) Viewed 11101 times
So now I'm happy with how this looks and no doubt functions.

Ed