Holiday Catalog and NEW dust collector

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

redleg
Gold Member

Re: Holiday Catalog and NEW dust collector

Post by redleg »

Has anyone besides me gotten a new DC330L dust collector yet? I would like to know what someone else thinks about it. I'm taking mine out of my duct system and putting the DC3300 back. The DC330L is quieter, it is more compact, and I like it with all the attachments I've used with it except the proplaner. The dust intake just under the three way adapter has a cross pattern in it to keep out larger objects from damaging the vanes. It does a swell job of keeping out shavings also. Not bad with smaller boards but I ran an 8 inch by 40 inch maple board thru the planer today and plugged it up twice and gave up. I had a Delta AP400 that had the same cross pattern in the intake and was otherwise a fairly good dust collector. It went down the road.
:D Mark 7 Power Pro, Mark V 510, Mark VII (early 1960s) Headstock wall mount drill press on Mark 5 way tubes, Mark 5 Shorty with reversible motor, Overhead Pin Router, Power station with band saw, Jointers, Belt Sanders, Strip Sander, Scroll saw, Jigsaw, Shopsmith Lathe Duplicator, Craftsman 2.5 hp 13" Planer/molder, Craftsman 5 hp 12-inch planer molder, myriad Shopsmith accessories, Harbor Freight sawmill with extensions to cut 22' logs.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Add an upstream separator.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Instead of foam and rigid plastic I would think the fast cap product Saw-Stach would be better.
Check them out
https://www.fastcap.com/product/saw-stache

It would seem that the brush would fill holes and limit air leakage yet be flexible enough to tolerate tilting the table.
mgbbob
Gold Member

Post by mgbbob »

Thanks,