Machine Use

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JonSE
Bronze Member

Machine Use

Post by JonSE »

New to shoo smith, was given to me by a friend a few years ago. I finally had time to really look into it and check it out, got it mostly cleaned up am able to slide head and base units on bars. Motor turns on. Looking for some guidance in the attachments and overall user guide. It is a Model 10, Serial R27373.
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: Machine Use

Post by rpd »

JonSE wrote:New to Shopsmith, one was given to me by a friend a few years ago. I finally had time to really look into it and check it out, got it mostly cleaned up am able to slide head and base units on bars. Motor turns on. Looking for some guidance in the attachments and overall user guide. It is a Model 10, Serial R27373.
Welcome aboard, :)

The file below contains links to online resources for the 10ER, that will get you off to a good start,
Shopsmith 10ER Resources.pdf
(28.4 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
Feel free to post any questions you have, and post pictures, we can help identify mystery parts.

ps, Posting pictures can be a bit tricky, the post linked to below will walk you through the process.
https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/comm ... 19246.html
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Machine Use

Post by chapmanruss »

Welcome to the Forum. As Ron said we are here and happy to help. Check out the resources and ask any questions you may come up with.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.