Table top.

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Don13535
Silver Member

tilt

Post by Don13535 »

So I will try to attach a picture. I tried several location in the garage, all with the same result. I then measured the table support tubes from the bottom to the bottom of the carriage. I then re-installed the table to insure that i had not skipped a tooth. I don't believe that I have. I then put the level on the way tubes and found that they were not parallel and not on the same plane. That must have happened when I installed the lift. While there is about 1/2" difference from one end of the table to the other It will only require about 1/4" shims to level the table. Befor I try the shims I believe that I will try adjusting the "cap point set screws". Does anybody see a problem with adjusting the cap point set screws?
By the way, thanks for all the good suggestions. They were much appreciated.

Don:)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Don13535 wrote:So I will try to attach a picture. I tried several location in the garage, all with the same result. I then measured the table support tubes from the bottom to the bottom of the carriage. I then re-installed the table to insure that i had not skipped a tooth. I don't believe that I have. I then put the level on the way tubes and found that they were not parallel and not on the same plane. That must have happened when I installed the lift. While there is about 1/2" difference from one end of the table to the other It will only require about 1/4" shims to level the table. Befor I try the shims I believe that I will try adjusting the "cap point set screws". Does anybody see a problem with adjusting the cap point set screws?
By the way, thanks for all the good suggestions. They were much appreciated.

Don:)
Wait. Are you saying that a level setting on the way tubes (perpendicular to the way tubes) indicates out of level. Let me guess, the outfeed way tube is higher than the infeed way tube.

If this is what you are experiencing - I think you either learn to live with it or shim up the front legs (infeed legs) to level the table. I don't believe the cap screws will do anything for you.

Pictures might help.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Don13535
Silver Member

Post by Don13535 »

Yes the out feed way tube is higher than than the infeed way tube. You are right I might just have to shim it. Since to day is mothers day and I have some buisness to take care of next week I probably will not get around to trying some adjustments until Thursday. I continue to believe that the lift was the cause. I was unable to attach the pictures I took. I thought they may have been attached. I will continue to try to attache them.
Thanks for your response.

Don