Bearings and Assemblies from eBay, Jacob Anderson, etc

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ShoptimusPrime
Gold Member

Re: Bearings and Assemblies from eBay, Jacob Anderson, etc

Post by ShoptimusPrime »

I've rebuilt 3 headstock's this year and bought my bearings, belts, and a few other things from Jacob Anderson. He is fast and great to work with. I'd recommend him. He does a great job with his videos as well.

As for the SPPT coupler breaking..... 3d printed coupler has been lasting me a year without issue. I made it weaker than the official one on purpose just in case of failure so that none of the machines, or me, would be damaged during my learning curve on how to correctly and safely use this amazing tool. I've been using it mainly with the bandsaw and a few passes with the jointer without issue.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Re: Bearings and Assemblies from eBay, Jacob Anderson, etc

Post by wa2crk »

I will re-enforce what several people have already said. I have never broken a SPPT coupler in the 38 years that I have owned my machine. I did acquire a spare when I was buying some used machines for my kids. I have used them with the bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, and the strip sander. The primary cause of premature failure (IMHO)
is misalignment of the headstock to the accessory.
Bill V