PowerPro Nearly Dead Out Of Box?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: PowerPro Nearly Dead Out Of Box?

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Do we have a recent update of this situation? Has it been resolved or is it still on going?
Read the thread, Ed. He had contact on 8Jun. Not all good news.

As I( have said earlier, I would be INITIATING calls on a regular basis if I was in his situation.

In this case, for some strange reason, Customer Service is "inoperative".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

dusty wrote:
Ed in Tampa wrote:Do we have a recent update of this situation? Has it been resolved or is it still on going?

As I( have said earlier, I would be INITIATING calls on a regular basis if I was in his situation.

And is the reason for my observation. You can't deny there have been a change in how SS handles things now. I think it is personnel, Just an observation ....
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

rjent wrote:
dusty wrote:

And is the reason for my observation. You can't deny there have been a change in how SS handles things now. I think it is personnel, Just an observation ....
Not denying that there have been some undesirable changes. Just implying that they do not necessarily indicate doom is on the horizon. The loss of or the injection of new pewrsonnel always comes with some sort of consequences. I think we are witness to some of those changes.

It is my hope and excpectation that time will cure all.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

dusty wrote:

I am so sorry I completely missed the June 9 situation update. Not sure how but I totally missed it.
That said I think the correct solution would be send a new headstock and returning the old one. But I don't think that will happen. Sad situation both for the customer and Shopsmith.

I am fairly certain the old Shopsmith would have never let the situation get to this point.
Now it is the old Shopsmith would be making Herculean efforts to correct it as fast as possible.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa wrote:
dusty wrote:

I am so sorry I completely missed the June 9 situation update. Not sure how but I totally missed it.
That said I think the correct solution would be send a new headstock and returning the old one. But I don't think that will happen. Sad situation both for the customer and Shopsmith.

I am fairly certain the old Shopsmith would have never let the situation get to this point.
Now it is the old Shopsmith would be making Herculean efforts to correct it as fast as possible.
The "old Shopsmith" was adequately manned to deal with the situation. The "new Shopsmith" will get there. Just give them time. Someone once said "Rome was not built in a day". Neither will be the "new Shopsmith".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:
Ed in Tampa wrote:
dusty wrote:

The "old Shopsmith" was adequately manned to deal with the situation. The "new Shopsmith" will get there. Just give them time. Someone once said "Rome was not built in a day". Neither will be the "new Shopsmith".
Lets hope the Emperor is properly attuned!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ljayscott
Silver Member

Post by ljayscott »

dusty wrote: The "old Shopsmith" was adequately manned to deal with the situation. The "new Shopsmith" will get there. Just give them time. Someone once said "Rome was not built in a day". Neither will be the "new Shopsmith".
Surprise! I got home last night and found a box on my doorstep. 'What was this?' I wondered as I entered the house to find my voice mail line blinking. It was a message from ShopSmith support saying they had over-nighted the replacement control panel yesterday (Thursday 6/8) and it should be at my house by the end of today (Friday 6/9). Sure enough, checking the box I found it was from ShopSmith and inside was a control panel, PowerPro installation paperwork, and DVD. Yea!

Then now, Saturday 6/10, I got an eMail to let me know a package had just been shipped to me and I should expect it soon! Checking the tracking number it was Thursday's shipment, so apparently their eMail server is running slowly at the moment. LOL

The bad news is, I've family visiting these next few days so I won't have a chance to install it until next weekend (6/17-6/18).

Still, I have it in hand now...

-- LJ
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

Great news, and sounds like the "old" shopsmith.

Looking forward to hearing it is running correctly! :)
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Hum. Now the time clock is ticking, the warranty period is being consumed and Shopsmith is no longer the culprit. Strange how that works.

Hope this solves all of your PowerPro operational problems.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

I think as much as anything "NEW SHOPSMITH" should work on their communication skills. Most people are willing to work with you if you just let them know what is going on but when you don't return phone calls or e-mails it just ticks people off. Even if what you have to report isn't the best news just report to keep the communication going.

They do have some great people there and I'm sure that are overworked and overwhelmed. We should all just chill out and wait until you have time to install the unit.

You are going to be very pleased with the performance of your new head stock when its up and running! ;)
Last edited by mbcabinetmaker on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7
2002 50th anniversary model 520
and a few other woodworking tools.