Shopsmith Bearings Guide

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Bearings Project

Post by JPG »

Moving to a new thread.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Thank you James for the recent information supplied on the Mark VII

I have updated the file with input from you and retouched one of your restoration photos to illustrate the known Mark VII differences in the Quill Assembly and Drive Sleeve Assembly.

Thank you my friend.

Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

The Project is moving along. Previously I had 10 pages of info. Now there are 16.

Framework is well underway.

Once the framework is finalized then the finish work will begin and we will flesh out measurements and Shopsmith part numbers where they exist.

Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

The latest version of the Bearing Document was made at 8 PM 2 Oct 2017 and now includes the Shopsmith Bandsaw. Now 20 pages and growing...

There is also a revised and redrawn large format Shopsmith Bandsaw Parts Illustration that came as work product from creating the Bandsaw Bearing Section.

You will find that in the Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More thread as a PDF on the main page. It is a different perspective of the interactive drawing on the webpage, but visible and highly zoom capable.

Everett

FYI - Next in line is the Belt Sander
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Belt Sander and the Strip Sander are now included. Each have new large drawings as well.

Everett
Strip Sander small.png
Strip Sander small.png (379.04 KiB) Viewed 12237 times
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

The 4" Jointer has been added to the documentation of bearings project today. Link on first page in thread.

Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Bearings Project - Now Need Your Review and Input

Post by everettdavis »

UPDATE: 9 OCT 2017 - 12 PM:

Now I need your help proof-reading, error checking, and submitting corrections and supplemental information. It's not finished without you. The Framework is complete.

Yes the Spreadsheet at the end is just a frame and I will be fleshing it out next in the style of what you see today.

Everett
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

I just downloaded it and will start proof reading it in the next day or tow. I have to go to the Commissary and get some groceries tomorrow among a few other things.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Thank you John.

Please post corrections here so others who elect to help will be aware they were noted and not spend time duplicating the same corrections through email.

It will save all of us time.

Thanks again for your valuable insight and recommendations

Everett
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Mark VII bearing are listed at http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewt ... 15#p128115

A short list fer sure!

I believe the control sheave bearing is the same as M5/V, but with a different insert swaged in the center bore(race).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange