Holiday Catalog and NEW dust collector

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

algale
Platinum Member

Holiday Catalog and NEW dust collector

Post by algale »

Got an electronic holiday catalog today and was surprised to see there's a new dust collector in town.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/dc330l.htm

Bigger motor (no longer inside the collector), bigger standard hood, smaller collection bag. I wish it gave the specs (CFM).
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Holiday Catalog and NEW dust collector

Post by JPG »

I do not 'see' an 8" hose. Wonder if that is a mis print?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

JPG wrote:I do not 'see' an 8" hose. Wonder if that is a mis print?
Now corrected. Yes it is an 8' hose.
Shopsmith I.T.
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

It appears in my version as an 8' hose.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

berry wrote:It appears in my version as an 8' hose.
That is because he 'corrected' it. :)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Curious if it indeed an improvement. Of all my Shopsmith equipment, the dust collector has been the weakest link. Not terrible at all, but my Harbor Freight collector with a wynn upgrade is far superior.
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
redleg
Gold Member

Post by redleg »

I went to the Shopsmith demo in Winston Salem NC this morning and didn't come home with an answer as to CFM of the new dust collector either. I sent a question to Shopsmith customer service when I got home. Hopefully someone will share an answer.
:D Mark 7 Power Pro, Mark V 510, Mark VII (early 1960s) Headstock wall mount drill press on Mark 5 way tubes, Mark 5 Shorty with reversible motor, Overhead Pin Router, Power station with band saw, Jointers, Belt Sanders, Strip Sander, Scroll saw, Jigsaw, Shopsmith Lathe Duplicator, Craftsman 2.5 hp 13" Planer/molder, Craftsman 5 hp 12-inch planer molder, myriad Shopsmith accessories, Harbor Freight sawmill with extensions to cut 22' logs.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Anybody notice there is no jointer or planer in the new catalog? :confused:
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

jsburger wrote:Anybody notice there is no jointer or planer in the new catalog? :confused:

Still listed as available on the web site...
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
Tiim2Relax
Silver Member

Post by Tiim2Relax »

I have sent 3 emails to Shopsmith over the last 10 days asking for the CFM spec for the new dust collector. No responses received at all.