phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

CFP National Championship Game

#255658 by jsburger » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Did anyone notice the fly over during the National Anthem? It was a U-2 "Dragon Lady". This has been one of the most secret reconnaissance aircraft other than the SR-71. It is still in service unlike the SR-71. They are flown out of Beale AFB CA by the 9th Reconnaissance Wing among other places around the world.

I have never seen one in an over fly. That was amazing.

I was on Beale AFB a few years ago and they had U-2's and drones.

---

John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: CFP National Championship Game

#255669 by sehast » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 pm

I did see that but could not identify what type plane it was since the shot was so quick. I would not have dreamed it was a U-2. Usually fighters are the rule. I wonder what prompted this other than Beale being close by. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

#255672 by jsburger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:07 pm

sehast wrote:I did see that but could not identify what type plane it was since the shot was so quick. I would not have dreamed it was a U-2. Usually fighters are the rule. I wonder what prompted this other than Beale being close by. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Yes it was a quick shot. I didn't know at first because that was the last thing one would expect to see. As you said usually fighters or sometimes a B-2. I have DirecTV so I was able to rewind and get another look.

---

John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT

#255753 by agleason » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:35 pm

The best flyover I've seen lately...Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

---

50th Anniversary Mark V Model 520
Bandsaw, Jointer, Beltsander