power station

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: power station

Post by dusty »

Hobbyman2 wrote:Thanks Dusty, in the future if life permits I may look into another , versatility is important for a small hobbyist . does reversing the motor require removing the electrical cover on the motor ? I ask because at first glance I did not see a reversing switch.
There is a reverse switch on a Power Station.

The motors for both are the same and can be setup to rotate in either direction.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Hobbyman2 wrote:Thanks Dusty, in the future if life permits I may look into another , versatility is important for a small hobbyist . does reversing the motor require removing the electrical cover on the motor ? I ask because at first glance I did not see a reversing switch.
Ain't quite that simple!

I will let Dusty explain that. :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

:]
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

As JPG said, it is not quite that simple unless you are content with removing the motor cover and changing the wires each time you want to change direction of rotation.

With the Crafters Station there are two switches (forward rotation and reverse rotation and a control relay). With the Power Station there is no control relay and changing direction requires that you reconfigure the motor wiring.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... on#p139883
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I don't know who should be credited with this wiring diagram of the Crafters Station. I just found it on my computer while looking for the other documents that I know I have. I hope it helps anyone who might be interested in the Crafters Station.
CS Wiring Diagram.PNG
CS Wiring Diagram.PNG (77.23 KiB) Viewed 10778 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty