How to jump to a specific page

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: How to jump to a specific page

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:
rpd wrote:
bobc4383 wrote:I am not sure who to address this to, but how do I go to a specific page in a certain section? I am up to page 51 in beginning woodworking, but if I close the page and go back in, I am at page 1. If I put 51 in the 'go to' box, it just sits there, and I have to scroll through every page to get to 51 again. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks
Bob
Bob, JPG is on to something there, I just tried the "jump to page" function and it worked for me. using the subsilver2 board style :)

There are four different board styles available on the Shopsmith Forum, To change your board style preference,

Click User Control Panel - Board Preferences - open the drop down menu under My board style and choose prosilver or subsilver2, jump to page works in either of them, shopsmith and shopsmith1 not so much, then click submit at the bottom of the page,

Another trick is to set your browser to "open links in new tabs instead of new windows"

When you want to read a thread click on it with the mouse wheel instead of left clicking it, that will open it in a new tab, and leave your place in the directory on the original tab untouched. :cool:
I use shopsmith and it works.
I use shopsmith1 and it does not work.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
bobc4383
Silver Member

Post by bobc4383 »

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - that makes sense. I'll give it a try.

Thanks bunches.

Bob
bobc4383
Silver Member

Post by bobc4383 »

5 pages at a time but then it goes to 2 at a time - that is what I have been doing but to go to page 60 takes a lot of clicks (time away from the shop..... :)

Bob
bobc4383
Silver Member

Post by bobc4383 »

I put in prosilver and that works.

Thanks again. A cleaner way to do it.

Bob
PowerRanger
Bronze Member

Post by PowerRanger »

Are there really 300-page threads? :eek: I'm new to this forum and so far I haven't seen a thread with more than just few pages

Go Go Power Rangers!
Last edited by PowerRanger on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

300 PAGES, no.

Greater than 300 posts. yes.

At 10 posts/page, this one has 39 pages. https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 634#p31634
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange