Aligning 510 main table

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Aligning 510 main table

Post by JPG »

Happy to hear of your success!!!!

However ball end hex wrenches are not something I would recommend for stubborn hex socket screws. The contact area is greatly reduced.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

To echo the words of JPG, I am glad to hear that you are now able to make saw dust.

You probably have already done this but I would suggest you run a bolt back and forth in the screw holes to clear the threads and to get new screws for the inserts.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

As a retired Seabee you have countless problem solving experiences. Thank you for you service to this nation.

I too am glad you have overcome this obstacle and are making sawdust. May your Shopsmith bring you great joy.

Everett
theinrichs
Gold Member

Post by theinrichs »

Thanks for the additional tips and encouragement. "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while".😉
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

theinrichs wrote:Thanks for the additional tips and encouragement. "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while".😉
Now back to the original post. Have you gotten the table alignments completed. It is very important that this be done. A poorly aligned table system can be hazardous to your physical well being. :eek:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.