phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

She Shoe Shelf

#264470 by bainin » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 am

The lady has been dropping not so subtle hints for awhile that an improvement in shoe closet organization could come from an unlikely source-the shopsmith.

My view is that shoe organization comes from organizing the shoes you don't use into the trash heap- but clearly my logic is flawed to even conceive of such a ridiculous idea...

So back to the shop !

I had some leftover shelf boards-which for life of me, I cant recall where I found- these look familiar to anybody ? I think they were ~ 6 or 8 ft when i started.

board.jpg
board.jpg (63.13 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Using scraps I had laying about-I built some support/attach frames and assembled.

shelfstart.jpg
shelfstart.jpg (57.73 KiB) Viewed 111 times

I purchased some tongue and groove pine slats for the back.

One thing I am realizing is that glue-ing is one of the slower processes I have and this is made even slower by my limited selection of clamps . I think all my clamps are in use in the following pic.

shelfmid.jpg
shelfmid.jpg (65.72 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Finally I got the wife and teen to kick in some sweat equity on the shellac and final sanding.

shoeshelf2.jpg
shoeshelf2.jpg (60.88 KiB) Viewed 111 times

After dragging it up the hill- its now in its new home. I see there is still room for 1 more pair of shoes on it ! hahah

installed.jpg
installed.jpg (54.47 KiB) Viewed 111 times

b

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: She Shoe Shelf

#264472 by chapmanruss » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 am

Looks like a nice closet addition but where do does she hang up all her clothes? :confused:

Yes I'm guessing it is an entry closet. :D

---

Russ

Mark V 520 S/N 09-11-01 completely upgraded to Mark 7, with all SPT's & more.
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters. Has Speed Changer, Model 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E S/N 1077 oldest one I have restored. On bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters.

#264474 by JPG » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:00 pm

I am guessing HER clothes are in HIS closet! :D

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#264475 by rpd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:05 pm

bainin wrote:The lady has been dropping not so subtle hints for awhile that an improvement in shoe closet organization could come from an unlikely source-the shopsmith.

My view is that shoe organization comes from organizing the shoes you don't use into the trash heap- but clearly my logic is flawed to even conceive of such a ridiculous idea...

So back to the shop !

I had some leftover shelf boards-which for life of me, I cant recall where I found- these look familiar to anybody ? I think they were ~ 6 or 8 ft when i started.

Using scraps I had laying about-I built some support/attach frames and assembled.

I purchased some tongue and groove pine slats for the back.

One thing I am realizing is that gluing is one of the slower processes I have and this is made even slower by my limited selection of clamps . I think all my clamps are in use in the following pic.

Finally I got the wife and teen to kick in some sweat equity on the shellac and final sanding.

After dragging it up the hill- its now in its new home. I see there is still room for 1 more pair of shoes on it ! hah hah

b

Nice shoe shelf.

Around here they call that "project pine" , all the big box hardware stores have it. :)

So she collects shoes, you collect Shopsmiths, Seems fair to me. :cool:

JPG wrote:I am guessing HER clothes are in HIS closet! :D

Don't you know it. :D

When I still lived at home, some of my mom's clothes appeared in my closet one day. I figured it was just "creep" but some time later I mentioned them, and it turned out they where put there accidentally and she was wondering where they had got to. :D

---

Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,