Parts Catalog, Is There One

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Parts Catalog, Is There One

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:
JPG wrote:Realize it appears to be a work in progress. Not all SPT's exploded view actually have the link from the parts key number. Also if an individual part is not available the click produces nothing.
The few I tried did indeed open a window that said the part is not available. The click is a bit finicky. Zoom in and try again.

For example go to the Band Saw diagram and click on the lower wheel item 28. The window opens and says "This item is not available as a separately serviced part.
(na/ 28) ".

'Try' 2,16,17 18 on the jointer(that was where I tried before my post above).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:
jsburger wrote:
JPG wrote:Realize it appears to be a work in progress. Not all SPT's exploded view actually have the link from the parts key number. Also if an individual part is not available the click produces nothing.
The few I tried did indeed open a window that said the part is not available. The click is a bit finicky. Zoom in and try again.

For example go to the Band Saw diagram and click on the lower wheel item 28. The window opens and says "This item is not available as a separately serviced part.
(na/ 28) ".

'Try' 2,16,17 18 on the jointer(that was where I tried before my post above).
This is interesting. I found you can also click on the part itself. If you click on the table (2) itself the window opens with part not available. If you click on the rail (16) and the screws (17) themselves you get the window with a price, part number and add to cart link. If you click on #18 or the part you get nothing. :confused:

Obviously this needs attention by SS. I won't hold my breath.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

More interesting stuff. If you click on the jointer fence number 38 nothing happens. If you click on the fence itself you get various results. I got part not available, got the part with P/N price and link to order and also got a P/N 42 not available.

Obviously the system is broken. The best way to do it is note the index number and then go to the parts list page that has all the part numbers and BUY buttons for the ones that are available (maybe).
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT