Festool price increase coming the 2020 edition

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

sehast
Gold Member

Re: Festool price increase coming the 2020 edition

Post by sehast »

You can check but from what I have read is that few parts from the 1400 will work on the 1010. Even the rods are different diameters. If you already have guide rail stops I am sure they will work but since I didn't I bought them extra. I did get a few attachments but it ships with everything you need to use the guide rail. I got the fine adjust which was extra and all the things you need to turn it on its side for smoothing panel edging. I didn't like how short the guide rods were so I got two of these as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1 ... UTF8&psc=1
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I have a second set of the rods for the 1400, one of the kits I got came with them even after the 1400 comes with a set in the box.

They, Festool have a lot of numbers for things that are only slightly different then another item. Like the 1400 rail guide adapter has several pieces while the 1010 is a single piece but it could just be the same part. Will find out tomorrow.

Nothing like have a tool in hand to figure out things. I have quite a few of the extra's for the 1400 so if some fit that's good and if not I have to decided if the 1010 will get used that way when I can just use the 1400 with it's attachments to do the same job. The lone difference for me is weight and the 8mm collet which does fit the SO.

The 1010 guide stop is $44 and the fine adjustment another $29 which is fine if I do need to get it. Just lowers what I have left in my slush fund for other things that might come up.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Ed, Steve,

Just wondering if you guys have ever bought any of your Festool gear from the Festool reconditioned site? If so, just wondering what your experience has been with Festool reconditioned tools? I signed up a while back and at times I get daily deals on email from them. Can definitely save a few bucks going this route. Just wondering if you have considered this, or if you prefer to purchase your tools new.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Tyer
Silver Member

Post by Tyer »

I guess I should consider myself lucky, then. I've been waiting for a Shaper Origin router (https://www.shapertools.com/en-us/) to go by on eBay, and one finally did. I snapped it up, even though it was more than I wanted to pay, because they showed up so infrequently.

It turns out that Shaper Tools was acquired by ToolTechnics Systems (Festool) about a year ago, so I would expect that the price could only go up now. (The Origin always used a custom-manufactured Festool trim router, so there was clearly some preexisting relationship there.)

I've only just started to use it, but it sure is a neat tool!
~~
Mark Moulding
(ShopSmith Mark V-500 w/ PowerPro headstock, lathe duplicator, Ring Master, universal tool rest; SS Bandsaw, Jointer, Jigsaw, Pro-Planer, Belt sander, Strip sander. all on separate powered stands; SS Dust collector, SS Joint-Matic, DeWalt radial arm saw, Delta table saw, Delta mortiser, Walker-Turner drill press, Rong Fu mill, South Bend lathe)
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

I prefer to purchase new if I an afford it and if I can't I just wait until I can. That said I did buy my first Shopsmith used, a Greenie in 1984, which I have upgraded all the way to a Mark 7 that I finished in 2017 with the double tilt kit. Only thing original on it is the sheet metal legs.

Steve
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Good luck actually getting one of those bargains. I signed up a couple of years ago hoping to get a few things and while they show up someone scoops them up really fast. My guess was that you have to actually be sitting at your devise and be getting a fresh email and responding at that moment or you are out of luck. I've even had that happen and still missed out....

Now it could be the stuff I've wanted were things that were very popular but it could be anything goes that fast.

I've given up and now planning to buy for full price but if one of these reconditioned items do show up when I was ready to buy I would not hesitate. They do there reconditioned tools differently then just a repair, they redo them so they are like new. No worries about missing parts or that sort of thing either, it comes just like it would for a new one.

Happy shopping,

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Welcome to the club.

I have seen a few people parting with theirs over on the shaper community but not many. I think the rest of us here were early buyers, not paying anything like the new prices.

Have you gotten signed up at shaper and are you getting connected for updates and able to visit the forum there?

I expect we are near another update, perhaps as soon as the 17th of the month when the new station goes on sale.

Ed
Tyer wrote:I guess I should consider myself lucky, then. I've been waiting for a Shaper Origin router (https://www.shapertools.com/en-us/) to go by on eBay, and one finally did. I snapped it up, even though it was more than I wanted to pay, because they showed up so infrequently.

It turns out that Shaper Tools was acquired by ToolTechnics Systems (Festool) about a year ago, so I would expect that the price could only go up now. (The Origin always used a custom-manufactured Festool trim router, so there was clearly some preexisting relationship there.)

jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote:Welcome to the club.

I have seen a few people parting with theirs over on the shaper community but not many. I think the rest of us here were early buyers, not paying anything like the new prices.

Have you gotten signed up at shaper and are you getting connected for updates and able to visit the forum there?

I expect we are near another update, perhaps as soon as the 17th of the month when the new station goes on sale.

Ed
Tyer wrote:I guess I should consider myself lucky, then. I've been waiting for a Shaper Origin router (https://www.shapertools.com/en-us/) to go by on eBay, and one finally did. I snapped it up, even though it was more than I wanted to pay, because they showed up so infrequently.

Speaking of the new work station, I would be interested in hearing your opinion of it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I like the new station but have not yet decided if I will order one on the 17th.

I made a vertical station and while it works well I found a few things that I wanted to change so I've started a new design. Actually two designs but who is counting. I've even purchased parts for it so I have to decide if I want to abandon that in favor of their design or not. The plywood can be used up so that is not a waste but the 20mm shafts and their hardware will be a waste of $$

I still want to see some more about it and I hope they will provide enough to help me actually decide. One thing I found is that my opening was only 4" and I've done projects where that was right at the limit or perhaps a bit too small. My new design would allow at least a foot but that might be overkill.

The problem mostly is that this month has a lot of tool purchases already on tap so it will require me to re-plan things so I have the resources to get the projects on tap done as well as not spike my charge card too badly. I try to keep my credit utilization to no more then 10% even though I pay them off every month. I'd like this to be more doing then thinking but I'm not built that way.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I just placed an order for the dust door that fits the ts55 saw here:

https://feskit.co.uk/product/ts55-dust-door/

This amounts to $10.49 at today exchange rate. I also got another item and the postage was a flat rate $13.57.

There maybe a deal in the works for someone in the us to sell these but it is not in place yet. If you can wait it might be a good idea.

When it arrives I will give it a test and let you know what I think.

Ed