Festool price increase coming the 2020 edition

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Festool price increase coming the 2020 edition

Post by reible »

Yes the green tools are going to cost more green April 1.

Here is a way you can check to see what the item you hoped to buy will cost after the price increase:

https://www.toolnut.com/festool-price-i ... -2020.html

I have three + major purchases I'd like to make this year and I just don't have the money to do all of them before the increase. I will do a couple now and have to pay the increase later in the year when I can get the other items.

I'm saving $30 on the two items I'm buying, not a lot but something. The other is a larger ticket item and it will go up $20 which I will have to pay. Still better then having to pay $50 more later.

It hurts so good buying these tools.......

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
beeg
Platinum Member

Re: Festool price increase coming the 2020 edition

Post by beeg »

How about a lay-away plan for the big ticket item? Get the now price, item later.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

What are you thinking about getting, if I may ask? I think I have pretty much completed my Green buying spree that started about 2 years ago but would be interested in what you think is still worth a look.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

sehast wrote:What are you thinking about getting, if I may ask? I think I have pretty much completed my Green buying spree that started about 2 years ago but would be interested in what you think is still worth a look.
I still have a decent size list of things I want. It might change as time goes bye but we will see. In the November/December time frame finalize my budget for tools for the November to November year. Not that it means I get just those things or even some of those things as nothing is cast in stone.

I have on order the OF 1010 router to supplement the 1400 that I already have. The lighter weight and the addition of a 8mm collet are the things I'm looking forward to. The collet is $38 if I get one for the SO and the price will be going up $6 and I want one for the SO so it will get double duty use and not be an extra cost.

The RO 90 sander. I have a stairs that I need to refinish and the changeable pads and dust collection are a big plus for this sander. I have the 125/3 sander and that has sold me on the dust collection aspect and doing the stairs in the house has been put off because of the dust issue so this is what I hope makes it all worth while.

Then there is the domino, this is the most costly of the things I like to get as not only do I need that but also the kit with a collection of domino but the cutters as well, that really runs up the price. And then I will want that bigfoot for it and maybe a stock of what I think will be my most used sizes of domino.

There will be a few other things like another hose for the ct 26, some 8mm bits and sanding supplies but they are under another category.

This is at this point my wish list but like I said it is not in stone. I also have some $ set aside for something that comes up during the year, that is already going be tapped into with the things I don't get before the price increases.

Ed
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

The 1010 is great, I got one last year and I am pretty sure the 8mm collet fits the SO so try it when yours comes in. That will save you a little bit. I also have had the 120/3 sander for a few years now which meets all my needs. Speaking of dust collection, that is the one thing I am not pleased about on the Kapex I got earlier this year. I have tried everything I can think of to improve it but it just does not put enough section where it is needed. However it is the most accurate and easiest to use woodworking machine that I own. The Domino is something I have never been able to justify the cost of for no more than I would probably use it. I would probably spring for the new SO workstation before even thinking about a Domino.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Yes the new workstation is putting a dent in my plans. I have done a couple of sketchup redesigns of a vertical station and have purchased maybe $100 worth of supplies to that end. It uses 20mm ground shafts and hardware which I really don't have a use for if I get the new station....

I use my saw a lot, (out of doors) and it seems to get a pretty good amount of the dust. The one exception is when you do the first trim cut on sheet goods to get a clean edge, I have a couple of things I would like to try to solve that and I will let you know if any of them work. It certainly does better then any of my other saws including the shopsmith by a huge margin.

Another item which I have an inquire in on is a little door for the opening on the side that is used for blade changes. A UK company makes them but I don't know if they will sell them to us. It is called a feskit dust door if you want to look it up.

I'm thinking that the RO 90 will work better getting into the corners on the stairs since you can go to the triangle pads. I have a couple of sanders that are done this way but the dust collection is really poor on them, not something I would use in the house. Plan to work in the spring before the bugs get out in force and have the doors open and a fan blowing out. I still might have to rig plastic but I hope not.

Ed
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

What about the new Festool STM1800? Is there room for it on your shopping list?
Looks like a Centipede on steroids...

https://toolguyd.com/festool-stm-1800-f ... workbench/
STM1800.jpg
STM1800.jpg (64.01 KiB) Viewed 13628 times
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EacRDtr6e2I[/youtube]
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

That table is not due out until Oct. so that could be on next years list depending on the actual cost. Right now Lee Valley has a number of less then a thousand $ but most places have guesses much higher.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/to ... wing-table

I like the idea of being able to tip the sheets up, my present method is to have them in the van then slide out on to the centipede to cut. I can just do that by myself but if they are laying somewhere I don't want to see how well my back does as a one man lifting station.

The other question I have is how well those "wood?" pieces hold the work. I have another brand system like that but was unhappy with how the work would move. I ended up putting some matting on them but even that caused issues because sometime you want to move the material and that made that difficult..... end result is that it just take up room in the shop and not being used.

Ed
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

At $995 not a bad value, but I already have a MFT solution. To take full advantage of this my shop is so small I would have to go outside.

https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool ... table.html
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I have to work on my driveway anyway so that wouldn't be that different for me. Not sure I want to fork out the money just yet and if I did I would have to give up a few things out of this years budget.... I'm assuming that they charge you now but if it were like woodpecker and they don't charge until it ships that could be another story.

BTW the new router should be here tomorrow. Wonder if any of the 1400 attachments will work with it. In particular the parts that attach it to the guide rail. They look different and have different part numbers but maybe it will be close enough to use or other wise I will have to spend more money to get that function.

On the bright side my bank just let me know that my savings account will be paying less starting today. And I have 5 more Cd's coming due this year and that rate is way down too. Yes good news as I don't loose as much interest as when I spend more on tools.

Ed