Getting Your Stimulus Check

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

garys
Platinum Member

Re: Getting Your Stimulus Check

Post by garys »

I figure my money will eventually come, but if it doesn't, that's fine too. The Government never before gave me something for nothing, so this will be the first time for me.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I hear ya , I never thought it would happen either , A few I know got theirs today , it will come just be patient . I about fell off the stool when the better half said we got ours !!
I also hear there will be another package coming and banks along with the SBA are taking names on those business who need help , no word on when it will happen though .I also hear many are getting over 100k as a business loan that will eventually become a grant if handled properly , Some people are taking every thing they can , if you are needing help with a business now is the time to get started no mater what you hear about them being out of funds .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Actually, I lied. President Johnson once gave me an all expense paid year long vacation in South Vietnam. I would have gladly traded that "gift" for a year of being quarantined with my Wife.
Last edited by garys on Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

+1, I have the up most respect for those who gave some and the greatest respect for those who gave all . just be glad ya wasn't in WW I or II . A very good friend of my'n flew a Huey in Nam , He said he was shot down ,, talk about having a bad day, another just died , Dad is still a color guard , they perform services for the fallen several times a week !
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

garys wrote:Actually, I lied. President Johnson once gave me an all expense paid year long vacation in South Vietnam. I would have gladly traded that "gift" for a year of being quarantined with my Wife.
Was that one of those "package tours" where you're going with a bunch of other people, someone else tells you what time to get up in the morning, and makes every decision about what you're doing that day?
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Don't know how many of you are still waiting but my check hit the bank today.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote:Again, if you don't get a refund THIS YEAR and don't have it DIRECTLY DEPOSITED the IRS will send you a paper check whenever. They DO NOT retain your direct deposit info from year to year.

Dusty said he always owes. That is why when I went on the web site they wanted my direct deposit info since I owe this year for the first time in a long time.

Your direct deposit info is is only submitted and retained by the IRS for the current year.
But I receive a Social Security benefit each and every month so someone has my direct deposit information. I also receive my military pension check every month by direct deposit.

Again, the Government just cannot handle challenging tasks without fumbling. I am thankful that my kids and grand kids all received theirs during the first week. Probable Explanation: They all have to pay taxes each and every year.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:
jsburger wrote:Again, if you don't get a refund THIS YEAR and don't have it DIRECTLY DEPOSITED the IRS will send you a paper check whenever. They DO NOT retain your direct deposit info from year to year.

Dusty said he always owes. That is why when I went on the web site they wanted my direct deposit info since I owe this year for the first time in a long time.

Your direct deposit info is is only submitted and retained by the IRS for the current year.
But I receive a Social Security benefit each and every month so someone has my direct deposit information. I also receive my military pension check every month by direct deposit.

Again, the Government just cannot handle challenging tasks without fumbling. I am thankful that my kids and grand kids all received theirs during the first week. Probable Explanation: They all have to pay taxes each and every year.
As I said before, these payments are dependent on your IRS data base. The different agencies databases do not necessarily talk to each other. I to get Social Security and a DOD retirement check and a VA check all with direct deposit but, the IRS does not have normal access to those other data bases.

The government has been very clear about this in this case. If you have direct deposit, WITH THE IRS, you will get your money sooner. If you don't have direct deposit then you are at the end of the line with a paper check.

So if you don't want to give the IRS your direct deposit info via the stimulus web site then wait for your paper check after the rest of us get our money. :)
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote:
dusty wrote:

As I said before, these payments are dependent on your IRS data base. The different agencies databases do not necessarily talk to each other. I to get Social Security and a DOD retirement check and a VA check all with direct deposit but, the IRS does not have normal access to those other data bases.

The government has been very clear about this in this case. If you have direct deposit, WITH THE IRS, you will get your money sooner. If you don't have direct deposit then you are at the end of the line with a paper check.

So if you don't want to give the IRS your direct deposit info via the stimulus web site then wait for your paper check after the rest of us get our money. :)
You seem to disregard the statements that have been made about Social Security beneficiaries getting their stimulus checks via direct deposit.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:
jsburger wrote:
dusty wrote:

You seem to disregard the statements that have been made about Social Security beneficiaries getting their stimulus checks via direct deposit.
Yes but IF you give the IRS your direct deposit info NOW on the web site you won't have to wait until all these data bases are finally linked. When I went on the site a month ago and filled out my SSN and some other info (address etc.) it said I was eligible and then wanted my direct deposit info. So I gave it and now I have my check. If you don't, I guess you wait longer until they get the Social Security info integrated.

The choice is yours. If you do nothing you will get it. You will just be at the end of the line. If you go on the IRS web site and give them your direct deposit info you will get it sooner. Before the paper checks a couple of months from now.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT