Getting Your Stimulus Check

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Getting Your Stimulus Check

Post by dusty »

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I made a decision regarding the direct deposit information about the same time you did. I tempered my decision based on the theory that the same data was available from the SSA. Soooo...I wait.

I really feel for those who have been promised this relief that really need it to survive without suffering.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:Yes, you are absolutely correct. I made a decision regarding the direct deposit information about the same time you did. I tempered my decision based on the theory that the same data was available from the SSA. Soooo...I wait.

I really feel for those who have been promised this relief that really need it to survive without suffering.
I think another issue may be that the IRS database is the only one that shows how many people are in your house hold. That number determines how much you get. Just having your Social Security number is not enough.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote:
dusty wrote:Yes, you are absolutely correct. I made a decision regarding the direct deposit information about the same time you did. I tempered my decision based on the theory that the same data was available from the SSA. Soooo...I wait.

I think another issue may be that the IRS database is the only one that shows how many people are in your house hold. That number determines how much you get. Just having your Social Security number is not enough.
True statement if one has dependents (old or young). Otherwise, Medicare knows what they need to issue the stimulus and how to deposit it....unless one has chosen a paper check for monthlies and then I don't know.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

My wife mentioned earlier this week that my $$$ showed up in the bank.
Interestingly (or not :) ) I saw where a number of deceased folks are getting checks but they don't plan to get that money back. Said it was not worth all of the extra work to go after $1,200.

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

robinson46176 wrote:My wife mentioned earlier this week that my $$$ showed up in the bank.
Interestingly (or not :) ) I saw where a number of deceased folks are getting checks but they don't plan to get that money back. Said it was not worth all of the extra work to go after $1,200.

Yes, I saw that too. I think those types of things happen more often than we hear about. Social Security check being sent to deceased people, etc..
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

If you are still waiting for your stimulus money and the web link that you are using to track it gives you an "access denied" notification - change browsers. For the past two days I have been denied access using my go-to browser. This morning I logged in using a different browser and received a status notification rather than "access denied". No date yet but at least I know that they know that I am waiting and that they know my direct deposit info.

Yes, I tried again using the original browser and got the same "access denied" notification.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I'm not getting the access denied. I just get, "You are elegible. You should get your money someday.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

garys wrote:I'm not getting the access denied. I just get, "You are elegible. You should get your money someday.
That is what I used to get. Now it is "access denied" and some gobbledygook about a server not being available to me.

But like I said...this seems to be browser dependent. One works and the other does not. I just tried both again with the same results. Interestingly, the browser that I am using right now is the "access denied" browser.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

The malfuncitoning browser could simply be contaminated with old cookies and history. A clearing of the clutter in it might help.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

garys wrote:The malfuncitoning browser could simply be contaminated with old cookies and history. A clearing of the clutter in it might help.
Thanks. I did a browser scrub and now it seems to work (better). I no longer get the "access denied" statements but now IRS tells me to come back tomorrow because I have attempted to use the where is my money tool more times than is allowed. Yes. I probably did that. Don't know how many times is too many but I have attempted this a bunch today.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty