Anyone know what this is from?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Anyone know what this is from?

Post by jsburger »

This is listed on eBay today as a 10ER rip fence. It might actually fit a 10ER but it is not from Magna. Has anyone ever seen one like it?
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (127.98 KiB) Viewed 8964 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Anyone know what this is from?

Post by chapmanruss »

I saw that earlier today also and have never seen one before. I sent in a question to the seller to find out if it actually will fit a Model 10 table. He has a 10ER extension table for sale also. I haven't received an answer back yet.

To me the rear lock doesn't look like it reaches low enough to hook under the rear of the table.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

From one of the many clones maybe??
Bill V
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

wa2crk wrote:From one of the many clones maybe??
Bill V
We are talking 10ER here. There were/are no clones of the 10ER.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

It looks an awful lot like the fence for my very old Craftsman table saw.

The rear lock on this one captures an L-shaped aluminum bar that is mounted (obviously) on the rear edge of the table.
P1170024.JPG
P1170024.JPG (2.29 MiB) Viewed 8900 times
P1170027.JPG
P1170027.JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 8900 times
This is a nice little table saw for someone who needs to be mobile (like an RVer or Snowbird except that it is very heavy.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:It looks an awful lot like the fence for my very old Craftsman table saw.

The rear lock on this one captures a flat steel bar that is mounted (obviously) on the rear edge of the table.

20200515_152325.jpg
I think you nailed it Dusty. :) Now the question is will it actually work on a 10ER (I doubt it). The lister not know what he/she actually has? It will be interesting to see if Russ gets an answer to his question to the lister.
Last edited by jsburger on Fri May 15, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote:
dusty wrote:It looks an awful lot like the fence for my very old Craftsman table saw.

The rear lock on this one captures a flat steel bar that is mounted (obviously) on the rear edge of the table.

20200515_152325.jpg
I think you nailed it Dusty. :) Now the question is will it actually work on a 10ER (I doubt it) or does the lister not know what he/she has? It will be interesting to see if Russ gets an answer to his question to the lister.
The table top is 16"x10" . FWIW: The miter bar fits snugly in the miter track, no slop; better than my Shopsmith tables.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Craftsman used to sell some really good stuff, back in the day. Do you know the vintage of your saw, Dusty?
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:Craftsman used to sell some really good stuff, back in the day. Do you know the vintage of your saw, Dusty?
Not exactly but it was given to me by the owner of the mobile home park I lived in from 1959 to 1962. I bought a motor for it then and that motor is on one of my power stands (2nd belt stander) now and still works.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I received an email back from the seller. It came with a Model 10ER and he thought it went with it but had not actually tried it. He has removed the listing and thanked me for asking about it.

I let him know it may belong to an old Craftsman Table Saw. Thanks Dusty for identifying it.

After so many years it is common for parts of different tools to get mixed together. I have quite a collection of non-Shopsmith parts that have come with my restoration purchases.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.