Welcome

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bfolkerth
Bronze Member

Welcome

Post by bfolkerth »

Dear Woodworking Friends:

I’m thrilled that you’ve chosen to view and participate in our all-new Woodworking Forum, sponsored by Shopsmith. We developed this special forum to provide an environment where woodworking enthusiasts at all skill levels can share information and ideas that will enhance their woodworking experience.

Here at Shopsmith, we refer to woodworking as "The Unselfish Hobby". That’s because most woodworkers typically utilize their woodworking “hobby time” to make things for others. They’re also quite willing (and, as a rule, even eager) to share their knowledge of woodworking with others…inspiring them to develop their own skills in this richly rewarding pastime.

Shopsmith is dedicated to the growth of the woodworking hobby. To that end, we try to build and market only the best woodworking tools and products…and support our owners with project ideas, woodworking tips, education and informational materials to help them grow their skills and use them to create better projects. In short, we want to be your “Lifetime Woodworking Partner”.

Hopefully, our sponsorship of this forum will give you yet another great reason to join our partnership of over a million Shopsmith owners. I thank you sincerely for joining our Woodworking Forum and invite you to participate frequently. And please…feel free to contact me personally with any ideas you may have for improving this forum.

Thanks Again, Happy Woodworking And Happy Posting.

Bob Folkerth
President, Shopsmith Inc.
bashfulbob
Gold Member

Thank you and icon

Post by bashfulbob »

HI Bob
Thank you for starting this forum. I am eagerly awaiting the success of it.

Since one can create a shortcut to the forum site on their desk top, I was wonder if an icon looking like a shopsmith could be created. Then when one creats a short cut on their desk top the icon would be created on the dest top instead of the default one (with the big blue e)?
Life is what happens in between Plans.:)
thewriteturn
Silver Member

Post by thewriteturn »

Hi and thank you Bob and everyone else that had a hand in creating this forum. Wish it had been around earlier. Hoping to learn more about my SS and woodworking from from others with SS's. :o

Paul
redpepr
Bronze Member

spell checker

Post by redpepr »

Mr. Folkerth
this is great. can we add a spell ckecker to the text tools.
:)
R
constrct4u
Bronze Member

Kids Wish

Post by constrct4u »

Fellow Shopsmith Owners,

When I was about 14 I was with my dad at a mall in OHio. There in the middle of the mall was a demonstration of a shopsmith in action. I was soo amazed I told my dad when I grew up I would have one of those fantastic tools. My dad encouraged my interest in woodworking and building things.As time went on I became a builder of homes, my dad called it building the American dream, one home at a time. My father passsed away many years ago, but his encouragement lives on in my life in my home building buisiness.
One day several years ago I was again out shopping and there it was in action, a shopsmith mark V in all its glory right before my eyes. I bought it on the spot and have been having a blast with it ever since. I havent put my eye out yet like the red ryder bb gun, but I do wear my safety glasses.
When I am in my shop I think of my dad and how lucky a kid I was to have a dad who thought building things was cool. I am proud to own an American made tool that quite frankly is quite unique in its abilitys. Just like my dad was unique in his ability to encourage his son to build things.
God bless America
God bless my Dad
God bless Shopsmith for keeping this wonderfull product available
Merry Cristmas to all
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

redpepr wrote:Mr. Folkerth
this is great. can we add a spell ckecker to the text tools.
:)
R
Only IE needs a spell checker, the rest of the popular browsers have them built-in. If you want one for IE you can download one free from iespell.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
james.miller
Gold Member

Post by james.miller »

If you install the Google tool bar in IE it has a spell checker.
Jim in Tucson
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

Bob, I'm impressed and grateful that you are taking the time to join is in this community.

Paul
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

People please notice the date of Bob's post. This was the first only time he has logged in....
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
greitz
Gold Member

Post by greitz »

People, let's not start the Bob-bashing again. I'm not good at searching threads, but Nick posted an admirable defense of Bob and the proper role of a CEO a while back. Bottom line- I, for one, would prefer Bob spend his time getting Shopsmith back into a comfortable financial position rather than posting on, or even reading, this forum.

Nick and Drew are doing a GREAT job of responding to our concerns, and I'm sure that anything which requires Bob's attention is being relayed to him.

Gary