Map of FORUM USERS

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Map of FORUM USERS

Post by paulmcohen »

Has anyone ever posted map of users (at least by city), I might we interested to meet people (at Starbucks) to discuss the Shopsmith.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Hi Paul
I have noticed, while searching the member list, that most members do not list a city or any location on their public profile. About the only way what you are suggesting could happen is if the administrator decided to post more information then was agreed to on member public profiles, or if more members voluntarily gave their location. It does seem like the more frequent forum users do list a location, so maybe they are all the ones that you would want. I see that you are from Oregon. I am from Washington. Howdy neighbor.:D
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

So based on what we posted (or the forum shows) we could live between 1 and 750 miles apart. Close but not really useful.

I am in Beaverton.
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

A good place to meet users in you area are the Traveling Acadamies. Yet another reason to attend them. :)
deanthom
Gold Member

Post by deanthom »

One of the other listserv type forums has an interesting feature that addresses this hope. It's a pretty nifty little mappy thing where those interested can go and put their marker on the group's map so that others can search anywhere in the world for members from that group.

http://www.frappr.com/ssusers is the link, but I don't know if you need any sort of password. There are about 350 or so folks of the 4300 on that list who've put up something on the map. Mine was up there, but seems to have fallen off!

If someone were interested, we could certainly duplicate the effort here.
Dean Thomas
KCMO
520, jointer, bandsaw, stripsander
No name
Gold Member

User map

Post by No name »

Wow! I have two people close to me i mean within a stones throw Church Hill is about 30 minutes away(and where i bought my doberman pup who loves to lay right in the way when im turning).This is very cool thanks for sharing! Allen aka No Name
ericolson
Gold Member

Post by ericolson »

deanthom wrote:
http://www.frappr.com/ssusers is the link, but I don't know if you need any sort of password. There are about 350 or so folks of the 4300 on that list who've put up something on the map. Mine was up there, but seems to have fallen off! If someone were interested, we could certainly duplicate the effort here.
Okay, I signed up and I'm now one of two (although there has got to be more) SS owners in the Springfield, MO area. I scrolled through the photos... what's up with the fella in the diaper? Was he making an attempt at humor? Kind of grossed me out.
Eric
Rock Creek Designs

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!
dusty
Platinum Member

Map of Forum Users

Post by dusty »

I too put my data on that site and it has also fallen off. I am interested in a map of SS Users locations but I'll not go back to that site.
No name
Gold Member

Falling off the map

Post by No name »

Well I too have fallen off the map not going back either i know i live in the sticks but come on!
papahammer8
Gold Member

Forum User Locations

Post by papahammer8 »

I'm From Opelika Alabama Between Montgomery And Atlanta