Gallery of completed woodworking projects

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

kd6vpe wrote:Bill
I really like your pen press very imressive. Your pens look great also. Same with the rest of you nice thread thank you for starting it again.
This was my last project learning to use my lathe duplicator. I have a lot to learn I did not have the template center right so the second copy came out smaller that the original so a lot of sanding and re-turning by hand to get them looking identical. This was a nice challenge. Next time I will be more carefule. I used bees wax as a finish the wood is red oak cut-offs I was given a few months ago.
Nice job! I also see, in the back ground, that you have completed your Mark .V as well. Another nice job.

I'm thinking about rebuilding mine. That is, build a replacement. My plans were in terrible condition and I made some interpretations, where I couldn't read the plan, and most of them were wrong. Bottom line...doesn't pass my inspection. I have a good set of plans now...no excuses.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

wlhayesmfs wrote:Have not gotten too much done lately. Been turning some pens to put in my daughters shop to see I can get a little to support my habit. Have some nice pieces to turn some bowls later. Right now trying to finish a Noahs Ark for my granddaughter..Also made a home made pen press to see how that worked. And it works fine for me
Thanks
Beautiful work, Bill.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
easterngray
Platinum Member

Post by easterngray »

mbcabinetmaker:
Nice net!!! Where's the fish?
Here ya go MB - too big for the net!! :D

1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Dusty, Bill,
So you saw that SS .5 in the background. Well it is not completed yet I have to build the quill and saw blade yet. It is not up to my specs either Dusty and I may want to re-build it. It was alot harder to build than it look like. I was surprised at all of the different methods you need to do to create it. When I get it to meet my specs and it is finished I will post some pics of it. I need to come up with some extra $$ to buy some more wood. Right now that is a challenge. Thanks for the compliments. Back to making sawdust.

73's
Jim
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Very difficult thread! I'll post the one I gave up on and called "done" today! Ready to move into the house as soon as all odor of varathane dissipates.

[ATTACH]8533[/ATTACH]
Attachments
HPIM2285.jpg
HPIM2285.jpg (143.05 KiB) Viewed 14939 times
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

charlese wrote:Very difficult thread! I'll post the one I gave up on and called "done" today! Ready to move into the house as soon as all odor of varathane dissipates.

[ATTACH]8533[/ATTACH]
Absolute masterpiece Chuck. What a project. She looks great!!! Couldn't look better.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

easterngray wrote:mbcabinetmaker:

Here ya go MB - too big for the net!! :D

I dont know, may be the lighting but it looks kinda plastic to me. ;)

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7
2002 50th anniversary model 520
and a few other woodworking tools.
efmaron
Gold Member

chuck's chest

Post by efmaron »

That is a beautiful chest Chuck, and great looking dovetails. A true craftsman
Eric, Sebring Fl.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

[quote="mbcabinetmaker"]I dont know, may be the lighting but it looks kinda plastic to me. ]

It's still wet!

Water? Maybe!:D

Looks kinda stiff also!:rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
judaspre1982
Platinum Member

Post by judaspre1982 »

=============================
Attachments
Picture 033.jpg
Picture 033.jpg (146.69 KiB) Viewed 14781 times
Picture 031.jpg
Picture 031.jpg (140.71 KiB) Viewed 14787 times
Last edited by judaspre1982 on Sat May 13, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.