Gallery of completed woodworking projects

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bffulgham
Gold Member

Post by bffulgham »

JPG40504 wrote:Is it going to replace it?

JPG, yep. I had one more shot, but didn't upload it to start with....hit the 5 file limit. The previous home owners had one of the monster fridges that didn't fit in the 'garage'. From the 'evidence' we found when we did the floor, there was a built-in pantry where the new pantry is. The converted garage/pantry...the white one....was pretty ugly, and, we didn't like the location of the fridge...too far from the cooking traffic pattern. The new pantry fixed both probems.
[ATTACH]14351[/ATTACH]
judaspre1982 wrote:... the 3 panel design.
Dave,
I used the 3 panels to attempt to keep the 'sight line' of the upper and lower cabinets in the rest of the kitchen....to kinda tie it in.
[ATTACH]14352[/ATTACH]

Thanks to all for the nice comments:)
Attachments
006.jpg
006.jpg (25.76 KiB) Viewed 12355 times
007.jpg
007.jpg (43.33 KiB) Viewed 12363 times
Bud F.
1998 Mark V 510 bought used 2006, Jointer, 2 Bandsaws, ca 1960 Yuba SawSmith RAS
Projects and "stuff": http://www.bfulgham.com/JAlbum/Woodworking_Index/
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

bffulgham wrote:

Dave,
I used the 3 panels to attempt to keep the 'sight line' of the upper and lower cabinets in the rest of the kitchen....to kinda tie it in.[ATTACH]14352[/ATTACH]

Thanks to all for the nice comments:)
Looks like you succeeded. Looks good.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

joedw00 wrote:Looks like you succeeded. Looks good.

More ways than one!!!!!:cool:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

If I ever turned out a nice cabinet like that my list of "honey dos" would be as long as the street out front.

Good job. I hope you can afford materials for what is about to come.

BTW, it fits in exceeding well with the preexisting cabinets and counters.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:If I ever turned out a nice cabinet like that my list of "honey dos" would be as long as the street out front.

Good job. I hope you can afford materials for what is about to come.

BTW, it fits in exceeding well with the preexisting cabinets and counters.
Speaking of which, where did you get that pile of 'white ash'?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
bffulgham
Gold Member

Post by bffulgham »

JPG40504 wrote:Speaking of which, where did you get that pile of 'white ash'?

JPG,
I'm fortunate to be about 15 miles from Amarillo Hardwood Company. From what I can tell, their bread and butter is supplying wood to cabinet shops in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico. They don't carry a large variety of wood, but stock very good quality lumber for what they do carry. They are part of Albuquerque Hardwood. BTW, their prices are extremely reasonable, at least for this part of the world.
dusty wrote:.... my list of "honey dos" would be as long as the street out front.
Dusty,
I actually started the pantry project to take a break from this project:
Tile Floor (Dusty, this floor project was kinda like your Now I've Done It, I'm In Over My Head thread. I thought that floor was gonna kill me.) So, the "honey dos" for the wood shop for me are kinda like Brer Rabbit and the brier patch :D

A couple sets of barrister bookcases are up next on the project list.

Thanks again for the nice comments!
Bud F.
1998 Mark V 510 bought used 2006, Jointer, 2 Bandsaws, ca 1960 Yuba SawSmith RAS
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Very nice work, Bud! Three projects in one; New pantry, old pantry out, and fridge in! Here's wishing you more time in the brier patch! You do good work!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
bffulgham
Gold Member

Post by bffulgham »

[quote="charlese"]Three projects in one]

I wonder if I can convince Dr. Mrs. Fulgham that it really was 3 projects I completed:p If I can really get on her good side, I might be able to get in that order for a new Freud thin kerf glue-line rip blade and a chamfer bit for the router.....hmmmm.....;)

(Charlese, please check your PM)
Thanks!
Bud F.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

bffulgham wrote:JPG,
I'm fortunate to be about 15 miles from Amarillo Hardwood Company. From what I can tell, their bread and butter is supplying wood to cabinet shops in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico. They don't carry a large variety of wood, but stock very good quality lumber for what they do carry. They are part of Albuquerque Hardwood. BTW, their prices are extremely reasonable, at least for this part of the world.

Dusty,
I actually started the pantry project to take a break from this project:
Tile Floor (Dusty, this floor project was kinda like your Now I've Done It, I'm In Over My Head thread. I thought that floor was gonna kill me.) So, the "honey dos" for the wood shop for me are kinda like Brer Rabbit and the brier patch :D

A couple sets of barrister bookcases are up next on the project list.

Thanks again for the nice comments!

The floor looks fantastic. I would no longer be able to do that. That much time on my knees would make me an absolute cripple. I tried a smaller project (daughter's trailer) by scooting around on my butt. That job took its toll on my back and shoulders.

The barristers will be a fun "in shop" and "standing up" project by comparison.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

SHHHHHH!

An end face on the island opposite to the refrigerator that matches all that white ash would be nice!:D

Well done on the floor also!

Did you lay down roll vinyl flooring as a cushion in the kitchen?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝