Review of Shopsmith's Lift Assist

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Did you find this review useful?

No opinion
91%
No opinion
No votes
No opinion
9%

Total votes: 32

reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

paulmcohen wrote:I spoke to Shopsmith Customer Support yesterday and the women said they ship a tailstock extender with the lathe duplicator that gives you 1 1/2" additional clearance and you can use up to 2 of them. Yesterday I purchased 2 and expect to get 3" of clearence enough for both the Lift Assist and Universal tool rest. Another thing that should be standard when you buy a $150 accessory or at least a visible option. The part is not on the Web you have to ask customer service for it.

When the parts come would you please post the part numbers... I wonder if they can be ordered via the parts order page..... I got a lot of parts for one of my old shopsmith items that did not appear on any web page...

I did look at the current offering of the lathe duplicator and it lists as standard assy so if anyone has one of these could you look up the part number for me/us???

I at one time remember shopsmith having a hollow tail stock part that would make doing things like lamps easier... yea I know they have a chuck adapter etc but doing it the other way might be fun... anyway it is not listed anymore.

Ed
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

I was told the parts could only be ordered from customer service on the phone. I tried looking up the order online and it does not show up. I think it is scheduled to arrive 12/27, I will post the number then.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

paulmcohen wrote:I was told the parts could only be ordered from customer service on the phone. I tried looking up the order online and it does not show up. I think it is scheduled to arrive 12/27, I will post the number then.
Hi,

Got the part numbers?

Paul or anyone??

Ed
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

Sorry I forgot to look, you might want to look at the Packard Toolworks #2 morse taper extended it is ~$14 and much more flexible.

You can also call Shopsmith customer support, that is how I found out about them.