phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

A rare occurrence

#251326 by Gene Howe » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:52 am

Living in the sticks and not personally interacting with other Woodworkers, I don't often have an opportunity to help one with a Shopsmith purchase. But, recently, an online buddy in CA was contemplating downsizing due to shop size and a refocusing of his work.
Naturally, I suggested that a Shopsmith might be worth investigating.
He found several on his local Craig's List. We discussed each one with his needs in mind. He finally found a 520, virtually unused, (IIRC, he'd used it twice) with a full lathe package and feather boards, pushers and, a couple blades but, no accessories. The pictures showed a pristine machine. Believe me, I was salivating.
The owner was about 80 miles from my buddy but, he offered to deliver it for $1500! Of course, I told him to jump on it. He did and wow, is he ever a happy camper. He's had it now for a few days and says he can't keep his hands off it.
He says it will fit in with his plans perfectly. He's in awe of how well built it is and of all it's capabilities. He's already searching for some accessories.
I was very happy to help and proud that he thought of me for advice.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: A rare occurrence

#251347 by moggymatt » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:49 pm

In no time he'll have half a dozen like some of the rest of us.

---

Paul B

#251352 by Gene Howe » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:08 am

He's already looking for another one to make a Shorty.

#251714 by artman60 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:12 pm

:)

---

The clock of life is wound but once.

#251740 by chapmanruss » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:44 pm

The Bug has bitten once again. :D

---

Russ

Mark V 520 S/N 09-11-01 completely upgraded to Mark 7, with all SPT's & more.
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters. Has Speed Changer, Model 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E S/N 1077 oldest one I have restored. On bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters.