phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

62 posts • Jump to page: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Adding a new Incra fence

#263433 by masonsailor2 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:47 pm

I have been using this incra setup on that SS for a while now and it so far is working very well. The one limitation is that it doesn’t work at all for the drill press mode. It is not a factor for me because I have a dedicated SS set up as a drill press but if you need to be able to utilize the machine in drill press mode another option for the fence would have to be used. The incra rails are as easy to remove as the SS tubes but once they are removed you have nothing to attach a fence to. It would not be too difficult to come up with a solution to this problem but no matter what the solution it would take longer to go to drill press mode. The easiest solution would be to order two short pieces of the incra extrusion and slip them on and then manufacture a fence of either wood or aluminum that would clamp to those extrusions. The added two minutes to set that up would be worth the benefits of having the incra fence. That fence system is a real game changer for the SS. I have it on my Grizzly table saw and the SS and will never go back.
Paul

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Adding a new Incra fence

#263525 by SkullsquadronX » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:06 pm

Thanks for your post.
I thinking of take this route with my shopsmith also.

Post a reply  Reply with quote