phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Jigsaw Quick release fail

#257679 by STB » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 pm

Several years ago I purchased a Quick release kit for my jigsaw. Out of the box I had trouble with the blade coming loose while cutting.
Not a good thing.
My solution was to make a tightening tool.
As the picture shows a tightening tool may not be the best solution. I made junk out of the upper blade holder.
001 (800x600).jpg
001 (800x600).jpg (322.56 KiB) Viewed 6735 times

PS It cooled off a little bit today the temperature only reached 69.1 deg.

---

Glenn
I create problem solving challenges and opportunities for design modification, not mistakes.

SS 520 born 04/16/03, Power Station mounted Band saw , Scroll saw, Jointer, Belt sander, Overarm router, SS Sawsmith 2000, dedicatedted Mark V drill press, DC3300, SS Maxi-clamp system, Shopsmith woodworking bench

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Jigsaw Quick release fail

#257680 by moggymatt » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:50 pm

That's a tough break.(pun intended!)
I found that my blades would come loose too, when I first started using my scroll saw. Best solution was to scuff up the ends of the scroll saw blades with sandpaper. Haven't had it happen in a while.

---

Paul B

Re: Jigsaw Quick release fail

#257681 by moggymatt » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:50 pm

That's a tough break.(pun intended!)
I found that my blades would come loose too, when I first started using my scroll saw. Best solution was to scuff up the ends of the scroll saw blades with sandpaper. Haven't had it happen in a while.

---

Paul B