phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

17 posts 1 2

Re: power station

#260005 by jsburger » Mon May 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Hobbyman2 wrote:One of the articles I read showed a drum sander on the outer facing shaft , having not read the manual yet is there something else that mounts there or that can be used there ?


There is nothing there to mount anything to. It is just a shaft for things like the drum sander. Just like the belt sander opposite end shaft that you can mount a drum sander on.

---

John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: power station

#260008 by StevenAyres » Mon May 27, 2019 7:50 pm

JPG wrote:I cannot imagine HOW a planer would even mount on the power station.


I happened on this today (Ebay):

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (168.65 KiB) Viewed 17693 times

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: power station

#260009 by jsburger » Mon May 27, 2019 8:11 pm

StevenAyres wrote:
JPG wrote:I cannot imagine HOW a planer would even mount on the power station.


I happened on this today (Ebay):

s-l1600.jpg


That is not a power station. That is an SPT power stand that was available for all SS SPT's.

Here is a link to the SS power station. It is variable speed like the SS head stock.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/faq ... tation.htm

It will only mount SPT's that have mounting tubes. The SS planer mounted on the way tubes. There is no way to mount it on a power station, only a power stand.

---

John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: power station

#260011 by Hobbyman2 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:18 pm

John
thats what I was wondering, the paper work only shows a drum sander and no table so thought I would ask , wasnt sure if it was my eyes or if it was possible to use a belt and pulley and mount a air compressor or something else on the unit.

---

Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: power station

#260012 by Hobbyman2 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:19 pm

StevenAyres wrote:
JPG wrote:I cannot imagine HOW a planer would even mount on the power station.


I happened on this today (Ebay):

s-l1600.jpg



===============

Nice find!

---

Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: power station

#260019 by Hobbyman2 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:58 pm

#259971 by Dansmith » Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Dansmith Gold Member (459 Posts)
Location: Idaho

If you are referring to the speed ranges for the various attachments for the Power Station, those are usually stated in the manual for the particular attachment, if I recall correctly. I currently have my bandsaw on the Power Station; but, I also have had my strip sander on it as well.

--------------

Thanks Dansmith
I picked this unit up in a out of state auction sight unseen , it will be sometime in august before I can go get it , the fella I got it from was very good about the transaction even delivered it for us , it's n storage at my sister in law's until then , this gives me a while to figure out the in's and out's and plan ahead on what spts work best . My plans are to use it mainly on the jigsaw or scroll saw , wasnt sure it could be used as a table saw but it doesn't appear to be so .

---

Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: power station

#260021 by Dansmith » Mon May 27, 2019 10:21 pm

Hobbyman2 wrote:#259971 by Dansmith » Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Dansmith Gold Member (459 Posts)
Location: Idaho

If you are referring to the speed ranges for the various attachments for the Power Station, those are usually stated in the manual for the particular attachment, if I recall correctly. I currently have my bandsaw on the Power Station; but, I also have had my strip sander on it as well.

--------------

Thanks Dansmith
I picked this unit up in a out of state auction sight unseen , it will be sometime in august before I can go get it , the fella I got it from was very good about the transaction even delivered it for us , it's n storage at my sister in law's until then , this gives me a while to figure out the in's and out's and plan ahead on what spts work best . My plans are to use it mainly on the jigsaw or scroll saw , wasnt sure it could be used as a table saw but it doesn't appear to be so .


You are welcome. It absolutely cannot be used as a table saw. I do have a drill chuck on the end opposite the bandsaw that has a drum sander.
I just looked at my Power Station manual dated 11/92. Contrary to what I said in my earlier post, my Power Station manual does contain the speed settings for the various accessories.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests

Board indexDelete all board cookies

Welcome to Shopsmith. Please fill in this form and we'll send you more information about the Shopsmith MARK 7 and other woodworking topics.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required