phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

17 posts 1 2

Re: power station

#260005 by jsburger » Mon May 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Hobbyman2 wrote:One of the articles I read showed a drum sander on the outer facing shaft , having not read the manual yet is there something else that mounts there or that can be used there ?

There is nothing there to mount anything to. It is just a shaft for things like the drum sander. Just like the belt sander opposite end shaft that you can mount a drum sander on.

---

John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#260008 by StevenAyres » Mon May 27, 2019 7:50 pm

JPG wrote:I cannot imagine HOW a planer would even mount on the power station.

I happened on this today (Ebay):

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (168.65 KiB) Viewed 17693 times

#260009 by jsburger » Mon May 27, 2019 8:11 pm

StevenAyres wrote:

s-l1600.jpg

That is not a power station. That is an SPT power stand that was available for all SS SPT's.

Here is a link to the SS power station. It is variable speed like the SS head stock.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/faq ... tation.htm

It will only mount SPT's that have mounting tubes. The SS planer mounted on the way tubes. There is no way to mount it on a power station, only a power stand.

---

John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT

#260011 by Hobbyman2 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:18 pm

John
thats what I was wondering, the paper work only shows a drum sander and no table so thought I would ask , wasnt sure if it was my eyes or if it was possible to use a belt and pulley and mount a air compressor or something else on the unit.

---

Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

#260012 by Hobbyman2 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:19 pm

StevenAyres wrote:

s-l1600.jpg

===============

Nice find!

---

#260019 by Hobbyman2 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:58 pm

#259971 by Dansmith » Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Dansmith Gold Member (459 Posts)

If you are referring to the speed ranges for the various attachments for the Power Station, those are usually stated in the manual for the particular attachment, if I recall correctly. I currently have my bandsaw on the Power Station; but, I also have had my strip sander on it as well.

--------------

Thanks Dansmith
I picked this unit up in a out of state auction sight unseen , it will be sometime in august before I can go get it , the fella I got it from was very good about the transaction even delivered it for us , it's n storage at my sister in law's until then , this gives me a while to figure out the in's and out's and plan ahead on what spts work best . My plans are to use it mainly on the jigsaw or scroll saw , wasnt sure it could be used as a table saw but it doesn't appear to be so .

---

#260021 by Dansmith » Mon May 27, 2019 10:21 pm

Hobbyman2 wrote:#259971 by Dansmith » Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Dansmith Gold Member (459 Posts)

If you are referring to the speed ranges for the various attachments for the Power Station, those are usually stated in the manual for the particular attachment, if I recall correctly. I currently have my bandsaw on the Power Station; but, I also have had my strip sander on it as well.

--------------

Thanks Dansmith
I picked this unit up in a out of state auction sight unseen , it will be sometime in august before I can go get it , the fella I got it from was very good about the transaction even delivered it for us , it's n storage at my sister in law's until then , this gives me a while to figure out the in's and out's and plan ahead on what spts work best . My plans are to use it mainly on the jigsaw or scroll saw , wasnt sure it could be used as a table saw but it doesn't appear to be so .

You are welcome. It absolutely cannot be used as a table saw. I do have a drill chuck on the end opposite the bandsaw that has a drum sander.
I just looked at my Power Station manual dated 11/92. Contrary to what I said in my earlier post, my Power Station manual does contain the speed settings for the various accessories.