phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Zeroplay Guide Bar System

#231246 by Dansmith » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Recently bought Zeroplay Guide Bar System (2) to use to make a cross cut sled for my SS and my Contractors saw. I am impressed with the apparent quality and design. It is made of some type of synthetic material and a little over 9" long.

I fit it on my SS 500 table and it eliminates side to side play, and moves freely. I also fit it on my contrators saw with a wider slot, and it is also eliminates side to side play, and moves freely. The packaging states that is is adjustable in width from .730 to .785. It is 5/16" thick. Also specifcally refers to Shopsmith as one of the slots it will fit. As far as fittng Shopsmith, mine is set at the samllest setting. "Made in USA".

I will report accordingly when I make the cross cut sleds; and, I anticipate they will work great.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Zeroplay Guide Bar System

#231255 by reible » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:57 pm

I purchased a set and from time to time they resurface. I really should make something with them.

If you like how they work then you would love the incra stuff that is designed for the shopsmith. Check this out:

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... rav120.htm

Ed

---

{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]

#231256 by JPG » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:58 pm

I am curious how the adjusting screws control the 'width'.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#231261 by jsburger » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 pm

JPG wrote:I am curious how the adjusting screws control the 'width'.

The bar is two pieces with wedges in between. The screw slots are angled so when you slide the two bars in relation to each other the wedges change the width and then you lock everything in place with the screws. I don't have one but that is how I understand it from looking at the instructions. Interesting design.

http://go.rockler.com/tech/Micro_Jig_Ze ... ctions.pdf

---

John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT

#231262 by JPG » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:16 pm

jsburger wrote:

The bar is two pieces with wedges in between. The screw slots are angled so when you slide the two bars in relation to each other the wedges change the width and then you lock everything in place with the screws. I don't have one but that is how I understand it from looking at the instructions. Interesting design.

http://go.rockler.com/tech/Micro_Jig_Ze ... ctions.pdf

Thank You! The drawing revealed the ledge the screw heads bear against to clamp the two halves in position.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#231265 by Dansmith » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Jsberger explained it well.

#231266 by Dansmith » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Ed, I did check out that Incra at Woodcraft last weekend, although that one was not for the SS. I was in fact impressed.