Bring Out Your Inner Artist Using the Shopsmith Lathe
Lathe Woodturning is Relaxing, Enjoyable, and Gives You Immediate Results
Imagine the feeling of creating a beautifully crafted platter, bowl, vase or similar object on the lathe that you shaped and smoothed yourself. Just apply finish and they're ready to admire!
And, if you're like many other woodworkers, you’ll also use the lathe for those money-saving D-I-Y projects or ultimate new creations such as:
- Chair and table legs
- Spindles for beds and porches
- Stair railings
- Posts for fences or mailboxes
- And, many other applications
The Full-Featured Shopsmith Lathe offers generous diameter and between-center capacities, so it can handle faceplate turnings big enough to make large salad bowls or spindles long enough for table legs or stair spindles.
The Shopsmith Difference
- The Shopsmith lathe is designed to let you use a procedure called offset turning to create fancy, professional-looking cabriole-style table legs.
- Our tool rest carriage is mounted on twin, parallel, way tubes that allow you to slide the tool rest along the work piece without having to breakdown the tool rest and re-setup.
- Unlike most conventional lathes, you won’t have to turn off the power, open covers, change belts, or shift gears when you want to change speeds. Shopsmith Lathe speed changes are automatic.
- Using the MARK 520S, you can reverse the direction that a bowl or spindle is spinning while sanding to eliminate feathering.
- Having the PowerPro allows you to enjoy unparalleled power, whispery quietness with less vibration than on most Lathes.
- As your skills grow, there is a full complement of turning accessories from chisels and chucks to specialized tool rests and steady-rests. There is even a Lathe Duplicator that's so easy to use that you can turn 10 (or 100!) identical spindles, legs or posts with practically no experience!
LET US BUILD YOU A SHOPSMITH TODAY
Shopsmith is ready to build you a new MARK. You will enjoy a 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee.