NEW TO SHOPSMITH? But Own a MARK.
Welcome! Whether you inherited a Shopsmith Multipurpose Machine, Acquired a Machine but Haven’t Gotten Started, or you have been doing woodworking for a while but are new to Shopsmith Tools, we are here to help. We are happy to have you as part of the Shopsmith Family.
Typically, when acquiring an older MARK there are 3 questions we most frequently are asked:
- How Do I Make My MARK Work Properly and Safely?
- How Do I Get Started Making?
- How Do I Expand My Capabilities?
We’re Happy to Help!
1. How Do I Make My MARK Work Properly and Safely?
While we can’t go over everything you may want to know, we will provide you some of the most important things to know before and during Your introduction to Your MARK. Let’s Get Started!
IDENTIFY YOUR MARK
- Click here to review the Shopsmith MARK History.
- Click here to distinguish Your particular MARK model.
TURN YOUR MARK ON
- Remove ALL accessories such as saw blades and cutters.
- Plug in Power Cord & flip the ON switch!
WARNING: Don’t change speed without turning on Your Machine first.
USE YOUR MARK SAFELY
- Always Refer to Owner’s Manual first. Click here to go to Manuals to find Yours.
- Know Your Equipment is Running Properly by following a 3 Point Starter Check System:
- Does it have power and start?
- Does it start but Rattles or Squeals or Makes Other Loud Noise?
- Does it start but You Can’t change the Speed?
If Your MARK does need a Repair:
- Call Customer Care to schedule a Service Appointment with a Shopsmith Customer Repair Technician. They will discussion Your needs and provide a Quote for Service.
- Determine which Parts You Need to Make Your Machine Run like New Again?
- Click Here to View Our Top Requested Service Parts.
- Bearings, Shaft Assemblies and Rail Replacements are frequently needed Service Parts for older Machines.
- Still not Sure? Call Shopsmith Care for assistance.
MAKE SURE YOUR MARK HAS ALL THE STANDARD ACCESSORIES THAT GENERALLY COMES WITH A MARK TO MAKE IT WORK.
|ALL PURPOSE||5/32” All-purpose Allen Wrench used for change-over of all Standard Accessories||MARK Owner’s Manual||Power Tool Wood-working Textbook|
|SAW||Saw Blade||Saw Arbor||Arbor Wrench||Upper and Lower Saw Guards||Saw Table Insert||Rip Fence||Miter Gauge with Safety Grip||Push Stick|
|DRILL/ BORE||Drill Chuck||Chuck Key||Drill Bit Assortment|
|TURN||Drive Center||Cup Center||Tailstock||Tool Rest Assembly||(Post, Arm, & Rest)||Lathe Chisel Assortment|
2. HOW DO I GET STARTED MAKING?
CHECK OUT SHOPSMITH’S “GETTING STARTED” SERIES
- The Shopsmith Getting Started series was created for new user and includes Getting Started Topics and Easy Getting Started Videos that provide helpful information on Your Machine, Proper Machine Use, Safety, and How to Create a Woodworking Project from Start to Finish.
- Highlights of the Getting Started Series Include
- Getting To Know Your Machine
- Getting Your Machine Ready To Use
- Safety Must Knows
- The MARK – 7 Tools in One!
SHOPSMITH LEARNING & RESOURCES
- Learn your machine.
- Read, understand and follow the Owner’s Manual and safety rules on your machine.
- Consult Power Tool Woodworking Textbook for proper machine set-up.
- Click here for a full listing of Manuals and Support Materials.
- Look for project ideas.
- Start Simple. See U-Build.com or search for Woodworking Projects for Beginners online.
- Buy Materials.
- Woodworking plans will have a list of Wood Parts and Hardware. You will be able to find these at your local home center or hardware store.
3. HOW DO I EXPAND MY CAPABILITIES?
SHOPSMITH IS THE SYSTEM YOU CAN START WITH AND THE SYSTEM YOU CAN TRULY GROW WITH.
As you get to know your machine and your skill improves, you will find you have a need for accessories that build on that increased skill.
Tools like the Jointer, Bandsaw, Belt Sander to name a few, will improve the quality of your projects and open new possibilities for bigger and better projects. The PowerPro Generation 2 Smart Motor will give you the power and convenience needed to tackle every project You will want to make. The increased size of the tables in the Table Upgrade will give you the additional workpiece support you didn’t get with your original machine.