New Look Forum

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

curiousgeorge
Platinum Member

Re: New Look Forum

Post by curiousgeorge »

The more I look around the more I like the new look. I really like being able to choose between two different board styles. I guess some of the old grouches on the forum just don't like change. :D
lightnin
Platinum Member

Post by lightnin »

Too soon to say if I think it's better but it's important that the admin thinks so.
I guess the admin will be killin' one bug at a time for awhile.
Then there the instructions for uploading pix and such will need a redo.
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

heathicus wrote: As a workaround, in the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, I changed my setting for board style to prosilver. Although the color scheme is not "Shopsmith" colors, I like this style much better..
Thanks for the heads up on the prosilver style Heath. I hate to be a stuck-in-the-past kind of guy but the new default format is very unpleasant. Maybe it just takes some getting used to. Prosilver is a lot closer to the old format and uses the entire width of my monitor better. Interesting, the Prosilver forum index says Moderator: Nick. Anybody know Nick?
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Nick was at one time a member of the Shopsmith staff. He is the one who does the demonstration videos for the Sawdust Sessions; the little short guy (shorter than me).

Yes, thank you for leading me to prosilver. This screen is still a little too bright but it is better.
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

curiousgeorge wrote: I guess some of the old grouches on the forum just don't like change. :D
Hey I resemble that remark! :D

Actually I can see some good points and the fact that it is more of an integrated part of the entire Shopsmith web site makes it more likely that I will spend more money. :eek: :p
shipwright
Platinum Member

Post by shipwright »

I had a problem with the "photos in text" issue in my recent post regarding my new TS sled.
When I posted it (old format) the photos were in the text. A couple of hours later I checked in (new format) and the codes were in the text but all the photos were at the bottom and not in the correct order to relate to the code positions. (ie: first code position isn't the first picture shown below)

My post is quite simple but that could be really confusing on a more complex one.

Is this something that will auto-fix when the bugs die or will posters have to go back and edit?
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

dusty wrote:Yes, thank you for leading me to prosilver. This screen is still a little too bright but it is better.
Dusty, can you turn the brightness down some on your monitor?
Last edited by beeg on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
algale
Platinum Member

Platinum?

Post by algale »

Wow. Now I appear to have been promoted to "Platinum Member" status!
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Admin, among other things to check up on, the search function does not seem to be pulling up all relevant threads in response to searches.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

beeg wrote:
dusty wrote:Yes, thank you for leading me to prosilver. This screen is still a little too bright but it is better.
Dusty, can you turn the brightness down some on your monitor?
Yes, I can alter the screen brightness but that is universal to all screens. My other screens are okay.

This is not a big issue. It is something with which I can deal.