Texting While Driving

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

lightnin
Platinum Member

Re: Texting While Driving

Post by lightnin »

I just got a new ride with bluetooth totally hands free calling....
I only feel safe using that in light traffic.
Before that I just turned off the phone when I was driving.

A few years ago there was an old beater van in this area with "Hang up and drive"
spray painted on it in very large letters.
rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

B B Baby wrote:WOW!!!!!!!!!
Kinda looks like my car when trying to get an ER in the back seat.LOL
Wild Bad Bob?
B B Baby
Gold Member

Post by B B Baby »

masonsailor2,
forget being politically correct, you are so correct. My brother is an ER supervisor in CA, I am constantly amazed at some of his stories. We put helmets on are kids for everything and get rid of "helicopter" parents. Maybe more shock and ah would wake them up a bit and train them up b4 something bad happens by there own demise. Life is tough and real, prepare them for it, not hide it from them, so they can make good decisions. IMHO!!!
B B Baby
2 ERs, Greenie, Goldy, various PTAs
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

JPG wrote:FWIW, three rights = one left. :rolleyes:
Is this a politico statement? Are you subtly telling us that it takes three conservatives on the right side of the aisle to equal one on the left side?

Or is this a mixed traffic/political message? If you do everything right more than three times you are back where you started and you can't get to where you want to be? Otherwise you are just LEFT out.

I wanted to say something more but it just left me.

No, no icons because if I choose one someone will be offended because I didn't pick the right one. Choose your own which will not offend you.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

db5 wrote:
JPG wrote:FWIW, three rights = one left. :rolleyes:
Is this a politico statement? Are you subtly telling us that it takes three conservatives on the right side of the aisle to equal one on the left side?

Or is this a mixed traffic/political message? If you do everything right more than three times you are back where you started and you can't get to where you want to be? Otherwise you are just LEFT out.

I wanted to say something more but it just left me.

No, no icons because if I choose one someone will be offended because I didn't pick the right one. Choose your own which will not offend you.
I do not consider any of 'our' icons to be in any way offensive. :)

No politics, merely simple driving facts. :cool: A 'detail' in the AARP Smart Driving Classes I 'teach'. ;)

Yer wasting yer life looking fer hidden agendas in my 'stuff'. :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Jp(e)g, (I learned that from a FORMER member here) AARP?
that is a VASTLY left-leaning group, which I will NEVER join!

They supported "Obama" care, and we ALL know how THAT fiasco
turned out. (But, THEY got an "exemption" from "Obamacare."
(Wonder why?)

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

To ALL, it takes 3 "left" turns, of 90 degrees to achieve the
results of one "right" turn.

Politically, think of this, what you may!

"Traffically" (not really a word!) it works!

I'm "officially" backing out of "politics" for the night!

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

All you politicos are ignoring the reason fer the 3R = 1L post. :rolleyes: The difficulty for aging brains and eyes to determine the speed and thus the eta of an oncoming vehicle when considering when to execute a left hand turn. :)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

Plowing into a left-turning vehicle is the classic accident we motorcyclists fear--at least among the accidents that aren't our own fault. It almost happened to me once. I had to cross the median to avoid slamming into the car. And the folks coming the other way weren't too happy seeing me drive on the wrong side of the road.

I never quite understood how it could happen. But, thank you Charles for putting it into perspective.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

davebodner wrote:Plowing into a left-turning vehicle is the classic accident we motorcyclists fear--at least among the accidents that aren't our own fault. It almost happened to me once. I had to cross the median to avoid slamming into the car. And the folks coming the other way weren't too happy seeing me drive on the wrong side of the road.

I never quite understood how it could happen. But, thank you Charles for putting it into perspective.
A motorcycle(and rider) are not as 'visible' as a larger vehicle and our experience much less regarding judging their eta.(especially one going 85 mph!!!!)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝