Incra Miter Gauge

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: Incra Miter Gauge

Post by reible »

I guess I'm not sure what features you are looking for in a miter gauge. Shopsmith as well as Incra sell the V120 which has some pretty good specs and has 1 degree positive stops. If you get it from shopsmith you have the option of Shopsmith Safety Grip handle. That is a real plus in my book.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... rav120.htm

Now as far as added features you can add the incra Telescoping Flip Fence like this one:

http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCRA_T ... c18-31.htm

So again while I'm not sure what features you are looking for there are incra options that might well serve your needs.

If you are looking for a better fit in the miter slot then incra is the way to go. With adjustment there is no play.

If you have other needs well then there are other options above and beyond this that don't require milling a miter bar. Of course if you are bound and determined to mill a miter bar then feel free, just wanted wanted you to know about these other options in care you didn't know.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
lalkie01
Gold Member

Post by lalkie01 »

I do have a milling machine and should be able to mill it to the right size. It looks difficult to adjust the nylon slide screws. Has that caused you any problems? Thanks Larry
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

No problems whatsoever, Larry.
lalkie01
Gold Member

Post by lalkie01 »

Thanks again. I about decided to stay with the shopsmith miter gauge as I am getting real close using it and a starrett combination square. I think I am going to get the nova chuck from Shopsmith as I don't have enough money for both. Larry
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Thats a good decision, Larry. The Shopsmith gauge is very adequate.
ecom1
Gold Member

Post by ecom1 »

If you're just looking for "standard" angles, this might be an option for you.

https://miterset.myshopify.com

Ed
Ed

Shopsmith: 2 Mark V 510 (1988,1993), bandsaw, jointer, mounted planer, belt sander, scroll saw, strip sander, lathe duplicator, conical disc sander, biscuit joiner, free standing router table with Jointech IPM-1
Other stuff: Bosch glide mitre, Ridgid 13" planer, Rikon drill press, routers, drills, and other toys
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

ecom1 wrote:If you're just looking for "standard" angles, this might be an option for you.

https://miterset.myshopify.com

Ed
SS sells it for the Shopsmith. :confused:
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
ecom1
Gold Member

Post by ecom1 »

Thanks John - I was sure I saw it on the SS website first, but couldn't find it again.
Ed

Shopsmith: 2 Mark V 510 (1988,1993), bandsaw, jointer, mounted planer, belt sander, scroll saw, strip sander, lathe duplicator, conical disc sander, biscuit joiner, free standing router table with Jointech IPM-1
Other stuff: Bosch glide mitre, Ridgid 13" planer, Rikon drill press, routers, drills, and other toys
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
ecom1
Gold Member

Post by ecom1 »

That's it - thanks Dusty! Has anyone tried this - looks like a simple but effective idea.
Ed