Incra Miter Gauge

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Incra Miter Gauge

Post by jsburger »

ecom1 wrote:That's it - thanks Dusty! Has anyone tried this - looks like a simple but effective idea.
Yes I have one. It works perfectly!
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dgs823
Bronze Member

Post by dgs823 »

I have the Incra Miter Express for my Shopsmith 520. I would like to increase accuracy of my miter cuts especially in cutting segments. I have read as much as I could find on the forum about each product discussed in this thread and it seems that several members have multiple products. I hope that I am in the right place in asking this question but if you had the money to just purchase the miterset or the Incra V120 or Incra 1000SE, which would you choose and why? Thanks so much for your help.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

dgs823 wrote:I have the Incra Miter Express for my Shopsmith 520. I would like to increase accuracy of my miter cuts especially in cutting segments. I have read as much as I could find on the forum about each product discussed in this thread and it seems that several members have multiple products. I hope that I am in the right place in asking this question but if you had the money to just purchase the miterset or the Incra V120 or Incra 1000SE, which would you choose and why? Thanks so much for your help.
I have the miter express and got the incra 1000HD for it. The incra miter gauge will be on sale at Rockler starting July 8, 2017. Normally they sell it for $199.99 on sale for $149.99. I have seen it on sale for less but not often.

Now it only works in the miter express not on your machine without the miter express. I keep mine mounted on the miter express. It has a scale that lets you get to 1/10 degree which is pretty darn good.

Now to be honest with you I have not done segment turning yet. I got the 1000hd with general wood working in mind and with the hopes of getting to segment turning. I there for can not tell you how well it works for that but for what I have used it for it is amazing.

I don't have the miter set so I guess you can see where I put my money.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dgs823
Bronze Member

Post by dgs823 »

Thanks for your response Ed. I was leaning to the Incra 1000se because of the included fence with built in stop. However, it seems that different users have raved about the V120 (with the advantage of being able to use it on the table when not using the miter express). Likewise the miterset allows one to keep using the beefy standard SS miter gauge and I watched several videos with users raving about the miterset (especially the segment version). In this case I could just continue using my wood fence and wood stop block.

With the Incra 1000HD soon available at $149.99 I now have another great option to consider. Thank you for the heads up on the sale. I believe that would make 1000HD less expensive than the 1000SE!
Don