Biscuit Joiner

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

benush26
Platinum Member

Re: Biscuit Joiner

Post by benush26 »

This has nothing to do with the slots (mine doesn’t have them, too old a model - like me!), however my blade had gotten very dull so I started checking and found that CMT makes one with 8 carbide teeth so ordered and recieved it (via Amazon since I no longer trust the mothership to have supplies on hand)
The part number is 240.008.04 and I paid less than $19.
Winter and deep snow is still to prevalent here to get out to install it, plus I have no immediate projects using biscuits, but I’m anxious to,see if the carbide makes a noticeable difference.
Personally I think those slots are just there to allow sliding t nuts to make the whole assembly more stable by attaching to the table, but since I don’t have them, I’ll not know.

Be well,
Ben
lalkie01
Gold Member

Post by lalkie01 »

I have the two slots on my biscuit joiner it make it real easy to hang on the wall. I haven't used the two slots so I don't know what there used for. Larry
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Believe it or not I went to go look at mine and only found two containers of biscuits, I lost my jointer somewhere in the shop lol. And now that you guys brought this up I have a project that could use some biscuits and I can't find it. O love getting old. So I guess I have to clean up the shop.
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

What speed do you guy use on the power pro to do biscuit jointing?
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Check out this thread:

http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewt ... er#p211090

The old label trick........

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Ed,
You are the man. Thank you and now to get a lable maker that is a great idea as I have not used mine for a few years either and the next time I might not know how to look up on the internet. LOL. Just sayin' times are changing rapidly for me lately.