Innocence of a child

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

garys
Platinum Member

Re: Innocence of a child

Post by garys »

Years ago when my boys were young, we were in a restaurant having lunch. My 3 year old was looking around and pointed at a man in the booth behind us and said loudly, "That man has no hair." Of course, we were embarrassed, but the man just laughed it off.
Today, a bald head wouldn't be unusual as lots of men shave their heads, but 40 years ago, it was an oddity.
adrianpglover
Gold Member

Post by adrianpglover »

Thanks all for the good laughs. I have 4 small children and we often find ourselves in such situations. Reading through these stories I can see each of my kids uttering something similar.
Mark 7 (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 12" planer (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 11" bandsaw | 4" jointer
Grizzly G1023RLWX (new 2013) | Grizzly G0583Z (new 2012) | DeWALT DW618PK
Oneida Dust Deputy (on 5g bucket bolted to a 10g oil drum, used only with planer & jointer)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

garys wrote:Years ago when my boys were young, we were in a restaurant having lunch. My 3 year old was looking around and pointed at a man in the booth behind us and said loudly, "That man has no hair." Of course, we were embarrassed, but the man just laughed it off.
Today, a bald head wouldn't be unusual as lots of men shave their heads, but 40 years ago, it was an oddity.

4 decades ago far too many bald men(and some women) were overly sensitive about being bald. Today it is less of a stigma(rightfully so!!!).

Ditto ANY other slight deviation from 'typical'(i.e common! :D ).

That man had a healthy attitude.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

My BIL is balding except for a ring just above his ears. He says it's a trade off. He doesn't need to comb any more but, he's got more face to wash.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Gene Howe wrote:My BIL is balding except for a ring just above his ears. He says it's a trade off. He doesn't need to comb any more but, he's got more face to wash.
More forehead fer sure!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

everettdavis wrote:I related the story about what happened in Lowe's a number of hours before the Iowa Caucuses took place. I did not intend for it to go the political direction and apologize for adding into that direction it took. Everett
There is never a need to apologize for what someone else did.