Time for another potpourri thread?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Time for another potpourri thread?

Post by reible »

This is a little fun project I did today. Used a 2x6 for the base, dowel turned to fit hole in base, stepped in, dowel for cross perch. Still need to sand it and glue things together.
doves.jpg
doves.jpg (153.59 KiB) Viewed 18116 times
I did this after turning 3 more aluminum tubes, they are all done now. Clean up was fun, all that little chips of aluminum, no doubt there is more to find back behind things.

So in case you are new to this type thread you are free to post just about anything, be it woodworking projects, arts and crafts, stories, questions, yes it a free for all sort of thread.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Re: Time for another potpourri thread?

Post by Gene Howe »

Ed, you do have a thing for birds huh? Nice repair job. And, your live bird pics are always a welcome treat. But

In keeping with the "Free For All" nature of this thread. ..We've about finished packing for our eventual move to S. AZ. All that remains is about 3/4 of the shop. Luckily, our son needed a short term use of a TS so, he took the Shorty back to Tucson. I still need to break down the MK V with the Jointech Saw Train and router table and get my SCMS ready to move. The rest is small tools and a huge bunch of clamps.
We've had a few offers on our place and we're working out the details with one of the offerers. Hopefully, we can close on this place and have a quick close on another place near Tucson so we don't need to store all our stuff for too long.
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

I don’t envy you, I often look at my shop stuff and wonder how I would ever move the stuff. That and I know I don’t have nearly the stuff you and others on the site have. Good luck and hope you have an easy move.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Oooh Ed you rascal you!

You are making a decoy bait stand to get close ups of that owl! :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Gene Howe wrote:Ed, you do have a thing for birds huh? Nice repair job. And, your live bird pics are always a welcome treat. But

In keeping with the "Free For All" nature of this thread. ..We've about finished packing for our eventual move to S. AZ. All that remains is about 3/4 of the shop. Luckily, our son needed a short term use of a TS so, he took the Shorty back to Tucson. I still need to break down the MK V with the Jointech Saw Train and router table and get my SCMS ready to move. The rest is small tools and a huge bunch of clamps.
We've had a few offers on our place and we're working out the details with one of the offerers. Hopefully, we can close on this place and have a quick close on another place near Tucson so we don't need to store all our stuff for too long.
Does this mean you are moving to Tucson, Gene? If so, what part of town?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

dusty wrote:
Gene Howe wrote:Ed, you do have a thing for birds huh? Nice repair job. And, your live bird pics are always a welcome treat. But

We're still looking. We prefer rural Pima Cochise or Pinal counties. Would like at least an acre.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Gene Howe wrote:
dusty wrote:

We're still looking. We prefer rural Pima Cochise or Pinal counties. Would like at least an acre.
Good Luck in your search.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

GRUMBLE WARNING!!!! :(

Oh thee masters of creating web pages, WTH do you build a page, then at the last yoctosecond insert something near the top(that red bar with options) that causes everything already displayed to bump down( and make the positioning of the cursor that the user is positioning so as to select something wrong).

END GRUMBLE :)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Everyone got their 2020 census done?

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
STB
Gold Member

Post by STB »

We just discovered on line grocery shopping. Go online order grocery's, set pickup time, call pickup number, they bring grocery order and put them in the car smile say thank you and leave. Amazon will deliver to your door you don't even have to smile and say thank you. How cool is that.
Glenn
I create problem solving challenges and opportunities for design modification, not mistakes.

SS 520 born 04/16/03, Power Station mounted Band saw , Scroll saw, Jointer, Belt sander, Overarm router, dedicated Mark V drill press, SS Maxi-clamp system, Shopsmith woodworking bench