Still haven't learned

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

GoNavy
Gold Member

Still haven't learned

Post by GoNavy »

When I was a kid remember my dad telling me "Don't touch that..it's hot" so what did I do, I did what every kid did...I touched it and burnt myself. Dad has been gone now for over 15 years..so where am I going with this...today working in the shop, I had to attach some brackets onto a shelf I made before I hung it onto the wall, I did every thing you could possibly do wrong in this deal, because I just really didn't want to be doing this, one of those just get it done jobs..lol...had the drill on high speed, using a old worn out Phillips bit, 1/2" brass screws into hard wood without a pre-drilled hole..yep went in fast then GGGRRRRR you know the sound when your stripping the head...now in my head I swear I heard my old man say DON"T TOUCH THAT ITS HOT, now I could plainly see the screw was all the way in and seated, but for some reason I just had to put my thump on the head of that screw to feel if it was flush.....lol...knowing it was hot...I now have a perfect Philip head screw outline branded onto the end of my thump...man 62 yrs old and still haven't learned don't touch hot stuff
bainin
Platinum Member

Re: Still haven't learned

Post by bainin »

Dad's still right :)
garys
Platinum Member

Re: Still haven't learned

Post by garys »

You did learn. Now you know just how hot it was. :)