Removing Old Bandsaw Tires

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jmilligan
Gold Member

Removing Old Bandsaw Tires

Post by jmilligan »

I want to replace old cracked bandsaw tires with new urethane tires. What is the best way to remove, clean and prep the wheels for the new urethane tires? (There may be a past thread on this you can refer me to).
Jeff Milligan
Keizer Oregon
Mark V 520 (upgrade from 510), sliding cross cut table, bandsaw, DC3300, jointer, 6" belt sander, strip sander, biscuit jointer, router table, pro planer, power station and lift assist.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

jmilligan wrote:I want to replace old cracked bandsaw tires with new urethane tires. What is the best way to remove, clean and prep the wheels for the new urethane tires? (There may be a past thread on this you can refer me to).
This threadmay be helpful. :)
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
jmilligan
Gold Member

Post by jmilligan »

Thanks Tim, the thread was very helpful.

I just watched the Jacob Anderson Bandsaw DVD. I guess now the decision is whether to go with urethane tires or just replace with rubber tires. In the DVD, Jacob Anderson doesn't use glue on rubber tires. He says it isn't necessary in most cases.

It does sound like most folks are choosing to replace with urethane tires and like them.
Jeff Milligan
Keizer Oregon
Mark V 520 (upgrade from 510), sliding cross cut table, bandsaw, DC3300, jointer, 6" belt sander, strip sander, biscuit jointer, router table, pro planer, power station and lift assist.