Scary stuff...

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

sryoder
Gold Member

Re: Scary stuff...

Post by sryoder »

JPG wrote:
garys wrote:I simply don't watch those kind of programs.

A simple thing to remember is to never get advice from someone who knows less than you already know.

But But is that not EVERYONE else? :D
It's certainly everybody in Lowe's, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware. I even know where the stuff in their own store is better than they do. Sheesh!
-Steve Yoder, Mark V Model 500
adrianpglover
Gold Member

Re: Scary stuff...

Post by adrianpglover »

sryoder wrote: It's certainly everybody in Lowe's, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware. I even know where the stuff in their own store is better than they do. Sheesh!
With both Lowes and HD I get this if I go during the middle of the day. However when I go at 6 AM on weekdays to either of them I don't have that issue. Everyone is willing to help and can get the guy who knows that section to you quickly. I only go to Ace Hardware, specifically Katy Hardware, when I don't have a clue where something would be in the store and want to get asked three times before I make it down one isle if I need any help.
Mark 7 (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 12" planer (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 11" bandsaw | 4" jointer
Grizzly G1023RLWX (new 2013) | Grizzly G0583Z (new 2012) | DeWALT DW618PK
Oneida Dust Deputy (on 5g bucket bolted to a 10g oil drum, used only with planer & jointer)