phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

16 posts 1 2

Re: Innocence of a child

#267167 by garys » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:29 am

Years ago when my boys were young, we were in a restaurant having lunch. My 3 year old was looking around and pointed at a man in the booth behind us and said loudly, "That man has no hair." Of course, we were embarrassed, but the man just laughed it off.
Today, a bald head wouldn't be unusual as lots of men shave their heads, but 40 years ago, it was an oddity.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#267168 by adrianpglover » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:06 am

Thanks all for the good laughs. I have 4 small children and we often find ourselves in such situations. Reading through these stories I can see each of my kids uttering something similar.

#267175 by JPG » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:57 am

garys wrote:Years ago when my boys were young, we were in a restaurant having lunch. My 3 year old was looking around and pointed at a man in the booth behind us and said loudly, "That man has no hair." Of course, we were embarrassed, but the man just laughed it off.
Today, a bald head wouldn't be unusual as lots of men shave their heads, but 40 years ago, it was an oddity.

4 decades ago far too many bald men(and some women) were overly sensitive about being bald. Today it is less of a stigma(rightfully so!!!).

Ditto ANY other slight deviation from 'typical'(i.e common! :D ).

That man had a healthy attitude.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#267212 by Gene Howe » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:02 am

My BIL is balding except for a ring just above his ears. He says it's a trade off. He doesn't need to comb any more but, he's got more face to wash.

#267221 by JPG » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:23 am

Gene Howe wrote:My BIL is balding except for a ring just above his ears. He says it's a trade off. He doesn't need to comb any more but, he's got more face to wash.

More forehead fer sure!

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#267476 by db5 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:11 am

everettdavis wrote:I related the story about what happened in Lowe's a number of hours before the Iowa Caucuses took place. I did not intend for it to go the political direction and apologize for adding into that direction it took. Everett

There is never a need to apologize for what someone else did.