Innocence of a child

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

everettdavis
Platinum Member

Innocence of a child

Post by everettdavis »

I was at Lowe’s Home Improvement today and with a few other folks standing in the isle when we all broke into open laughter.

A child perhaps three years old injected her innocence into a conversation between her mom and dad by asking; “So what is so different about the Iowa cockroaches?”

We were all holding our sides laughing. Children are amazing in their innocence.

The parents, un-amused at being in the center of this hilarious moment in time scurried away with her.
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Re: Innocence of a child

Post by Gene Howe »

I'll not reveal how our twin boys butchered the word "election". But, in context, it was hilarious.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Gene Howe wrote:I'll not reveal how our twin boys butchered the word "election". But, in context, it was hilarious.
Gene, when I had occasion to work on a project in Arkansas years ago, the scuttbutt at the capital was that Governor Clinton got into politics in the first place was because he heard that they were holding the selfsame pronunciation deviance, and was compelled to enter the process.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Perhaps "cockroach" might be a better word to describe the participants than "candidate" ?
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

Oh Goodie! Another derisive politics thread. Let's see if this one ends better than any of the others.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

I related the story about what happened in Lowe's a number of hours before the Iowa Caucuses took place. I did not intend for it to go the political direction and apologize for adding into that direction it took.

I stand amazed at the wonderment and innocence of children, and perhaps we all can learn from their innocence. If we adults all were so it would be a nicer world I think we all agree.

Everett
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Getting back to kids and their utterances, our boys called one of my saws "the radio alarm saw". One of their uncles beverage of choice was Schlitz. They never could get that "L" in place.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Without knowing some words accurately, often small children utter words of wisdom that adults would never think of.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

lol cockroaches ? ya got to love it !!
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

In a supermarket some years ago, in a very crowded isle with processed meats etc., another slightly older child sitting the the child seat burst out with a loud voice "Mom! Mom! There they're they are! As she quickly moved her basket in and around others to leave, he raised his voice, screaming "But Mom I want some horney little sizzlers!!" By then you could hear shoppers in adjacent isles two isles away chuckling as the mother, now mortified, was exiting stage right with her basket turning the corner on two wheels, with a face a red as the coat she wore.

We likely have all been there at times. It's just nice to see that it's not always your child on occasion.

Everett